• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repair gone wrong what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kcdavis12492

My car had to go into the shop and my normal shop had a three week wait so I took it to anyother shop in town and had them look at it and fix it which cost $1400 a couple days after getting it back I was coming off the interstate and my front passenger side wheel locked up it was the side that they worked on I had to get it towed and I towed it to my normal shop which cost $140 I have to get a rental that cost $250 because I have two kids and needed to be able to go to work and then the repair bill which was $40. The problem with the car was when they put the caliper back on they forgot the bolt. I going to go talk to the repair shop tomorrow I was just wonder can I ask them for my tow bill and rental bill and the other shop bill be paided for and if so and they just say no what can I do? This happened in vermont

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
My car had to go into the shop and my normal shop had a three week wait so I took it to anyother shop in town and had them look at it and fix it which cost $1400 a couple days after getting it back I was coming off the interstate and my front passenger side wheel locked up it was the side that they worked on I had to get it towed and I towed it to my normal shop which cost $140 I have to get a rental that cost $250 because I have two kids and needed to be able to go to work and then the repair bill which was $40. The problem with the car was when they put the caliper back on they forgot the bolt. I going to go talk to the repair shop tomorrow I was just wonder can I ask them for my tow bill and rental bill and the other shop bill be paided for and if so and they just say no what can I do? This happened in vermont
You can ask them for anything you want to, and if they say 'no', then you will take them to small claims court.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Did you call the shop that did the original work so someone at a managerial level could at least come and inspect it before the wheel was removed and the bolt replaced?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
No I did not will that be an issue
If you want money from the shop that repaired the brakes initially to cover the repair and tow to a different shop without the initial shop inspecting the problem first, yes, it could very well be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">