• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

digdeeper007

State of Georgia
. I was unlawful arrested and all my constitutional rights violated. Got locked up for Marijuana that was never in my car. I recorded the events from my phone. They brought a k9 unit and had the dog do the search. You can see clearly in the video the officer saying if there is any drug in the car the dog will bark at the source. Naturally none of that happened and they still find a way to plant a spec of Marijuana in the car and took me to jail. I went to the police department paid for a copy of the video and I was given one with no sound.
My question is should I show the DA my video and go from there.
This event changed my life in so many ways.

PayrollHRGuy

You should get a lawyer and go from there. And all of your constitutional rights were not violated. The military didn't make you have troops in your home.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Get a lawyer. I have almost none of the facts. I haven’t seen your video or the one the police gave you. Without all the facts and reviewing the available evidence it is impossible to advise you on what specific steps you should take in your case. While the cops may have violated one or more of your rights, I doubt very much they violated ALL of them. It will not help you in court to make claims that are overreaching and unsupportable, like a claim that “all my rights were violated.” So avoid the temptation to make those kinds of sweeping statements. It only hurts your credibility to do that. You want to focus on those things that are relevant to the case and that you can support with admissible evidence.

digdeeper007

Get a lawyer. I have almost none of the facts. I haven’t seen your video or the one the police gave you. Without all the facts and reviewing the available evidence it is impossible to advise you on what specific steps you should take in your case. While the cops may have violated one or more of your rights, I doubt very much they violated ALL of them. It will not help you in court to make claims that are overreaching and unsupportable, like a claim that “all my rights were violated.” So avoid the temptation to make those kinds of sweeping statements. It only hurts your credibility to do that. You want to focus on those things that are relevant to the case and that you can support with admissible evidence.
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if it is a good idea to share the video I recorded with my phone with the district attorney.
I was searched without my consent.
I was told to get out of the car without my consent.
When I told the officer I am a Uber driver he told me I was not as if that job was not one for me.
They planted Marijuana in my car because the police dog never barked and even walked away from the car so obviously they had no reason to get in my car for the simple fact that the dog never alerted drugs.

doucar

Not without showing it to your attorney first. You may just be giving the DA something he can use against you.

quincy

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if it is a good idea to share the video I recorded with my phone with the district attorney.
I was searched without my consent.
I was told to get out of the car without my consent.
When I told the officer I am a Uber driver he told me I was not as if that job was not one for me.
They planted Marijuana in my car because the police dog never barked and even walked away from the car so obviously they had no reason to get in my car for the simple fact that the dog never alerted drugs.
Why were you pulled over?

What were you charged with? Possession of marijuana or a driving offense (e.g., driving under the influence, driving while intoxicated) or something else entirely?

You should not show the video to the DA. You should show the video to your attorney and you should say NOTHING to the DA (or the police).

Although not outside the realm of possibilities, it is highly unlikely that police planted drugs in your vehicle.

Consult with an attorney in your area.

Good luck.

quincy

Hello so heres my situation, cop showed up at my business seen my gun on counter took it, its registered and legal so they said I do drugs I dont never did I was almost addicted to pain pills so I stopped taking them so wont ever be put into that position so when I'm in pain I take a subutex had small half pill on pocket so they say I'm on meth and take me in for possession of a gun by a addict did urine test so I know subutex wont show up and if it did deff wont be no methamphetamine so posted bond 2900 wasnt read my rights was threatened to have DSFC on my 5yr old cuz I refused to answer any questions which is my right and got court Tuesday 26th 2018 plz help
Quoting this post before reporting it. Jmask, you will need to start your own thread. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">