• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loud lawn mower noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I can really care less about your daughter. My physician once told me there are detrimental long term effects due to insufficient sleep. So you can go brag about your daughter somewhere else. You can make up anything you want online. I can say my son got accepted to Harvard for all that matter.
Congrats!! Perhaps our children will meet then!!

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I can really care less about your daughter. My physician once told me there are detrimental long term effects due to insufficient sleep. So you can go brag about your daughter somewhere else. You can make up anything you want online. I can say my son got accepted to Harvard for all that matter.
Perhaps you should read some of the articles on the subject, because you only understood part of the message.

However, legally, the fact that your family likes to sleep in on Saturday is, legally, not relevant. Whether the city code is being violated, and whether the city has the tools to investigate and evaluate whether there are code violations is the issue.

You can measure the decibels, but that is not proof (legally) that the lawn service is guilty of a noise violation.
You can call the police when the lawn service is there. Good luck with that. Maybe your dept. is more responsive and better equipped than mine.

You need for code enforcement officers with noise meters to come out at the time that the noise is being made.
The code enforcement officers additionally have to be trained in using the noise meters, and the noise meters have to have working batteries.

I'll say again: good luck with that.

I find duck hunting season more bothersome.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This thread has pretty much run its course. I'd nominate it for locking, but I'm curious what the outcome will be. I'm sure that the story will be that the OP managed to get the cops to show up and arrest the lawnmower man. Too bad we'll likely never find out the truth.

Just Blue

This thread has pretty much run its course. I'd nominate it for locking, but I'm curious what the outcome will be. I'm sure that the story will be that the OP managed to get the cops to show up and arrest the lawnmower man. Too bad we'll likely never find out the truth.
2nd the motion!!

Just Blue

Perhaps you should read some of the articles on the subject, because you only understood part of the message.

However, legally, the fact that your family likes to sleep in on Saturday is, legally, not relevant. Whether the city code is being violated, and whether the city has the tools to investigate and evaluate whether there are code violations is the issue.

You can measure the decibels, but that is not proof (legally) that the lawn service is guilty of a noise violation.
You can call the police when the lawn service is there. Good luck with that. Maybe your dept. is more responsive and better equipped than mine.

You need for code enforcement officers with noise meters to come out at the time that the noise is being made.
The code enforcement officers additionally have to be trained in using the noise meters, and the noise meters have to have working batteries.

Me too....Poor Daffy and Donald....:(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dude, if you act this way in the real world, I foresee a lot of issues for you.

Congrats!! Perhaps our children will meet then!!
Yeah hopefully not

There’s no substantial evidence for either side so you believe what you want and I’ll believe what I want.

I live in a small town and the police dept is very responsive about issues like these. Hopefully something can be done. If not I’ll just use earplugs. (Like I haven’t thought of that).

Yes agree. I’m done dealing with idiots. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">