• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

How does one get court ordered visitation absent confirmation of paternity by court ? Something is missing ?

So move 59 miles away ?

BTW is Dad ordered to support his child ..if not, why not?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What if he is here illegally.
Does. Not. Matter.

And he is here legally. Unless you're going to suddenly reveal that a) he has been convicted of a deportable crime, or b) he only had a conditional green card and skipped the final interview to adjust his status to permanent.

And even then, he still has parental rights.

And could be reported at any time? Plus he has not proven paternity
He. Is. The. Father.

So get that legally established. Because if you fight establishing paternity, and he fights for establishing paternity, the egg is on your face, not his.

He's mentally unstable. Thinks the world is flat that we live under a done under water and that space doesn't exist. He tries to teach my son this
And your degree in a mental health specialty is?

You are not qualified to make a diagnosis. So don't. There is no US law stripping Flat Earth Society members of their parental rights. And frankly, you chose him to be the father of your child, and stayed with him for over 12 years. Maybe you need to be evaluated.

You and your son definitely need therapy. Contact your local woman's shelter or domestic violence group for recommendations.

Illiari

How does one get court ordered visitation absent confirmation of paternity by court ? Something is missing ?

So move 59 miles away ?

BTW is Dad ordered to support his child ..if not, why not?
No he isnt. I'm gonna move far north as I can then.

Illiari

Does. Not. Matter.

And he is here legally. Unless you're going to suddenly reveal that a) he has been convicted of a deportable crime, or b) he only had a conditional green card and skipped the final interview to adjust his status to permanent.

And even then, he still has parental rights.

He. Is. The. Father.

So get that legally established. Because if you fight establishing paternity, and he fights for establishing paternity, the egg is on your face, not his.

And your degree in a mental health specialty is?

You are not qualified to make a diagnosis. So don't. There is no US law stripping Flat Earth Society members of their parental rights. And frankly, you chose him to be the father of your child, and stayed with him for over 12 years. Maybe you need to be evaluated.

You and your son definitely need therapy. Contact your local woman's shelter or domestic violence group for recommendations.
And yours is? Got you nothing. Cause that sounds crazy to everyone.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He's mentally unstable. Thinks the world is flat that we live under a done under water and that space doesn't exist. He tries to teach my son this
While that shows a woeful level of ignorance, it does not, in and of itself, show mental instability.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
And yours is? Got you nothing. Cause that sounds crazy to everyone.
I, unlike you, am not playing armchair psychologist. Legally, Dad is allowed to believe whatever he feels like and share those beliefs with his child.

I am telling you that using Dad's beliefs against him can be tricky. If you say to a judge Dad is loony tunes, you will get slammed. If you act credible, and Dad acts kooky, that's on him.

And also for your most not need ed info. He is crazy. Has felony arrests and is abusive. To me and my son. Stop replying i don't want your negativity
Telling you the legal truth is not "negativity".

Whether or not paternity has been established, the fact is that you know this man is Dad. Your son knows him as his Dad. Dad has parental rights.

You chose this man to be the father of your child.

The only way that Dad is going to be denied a court order for visitation with his son is if he does something so bad that he is deemed a danger to his son. Even then, there is a possibility that he would at least be granted visitation.

12 posts, and you still have not told us what hideous things this man has done, that he should be completely stripped of his parental rights.

Illiari

While that shows a woeful level of ignorance, it does not, in and of itself, show mental instability.
He has isolated me from family no friends money he has abused me mentally physically. He has mentally and emotionally abused my son.

LdiJ

Look, one way or another, if he is the biological father, he will be able to get his legal paternity established.

The worst thing you can do right now is flee the state with your son. I can see why you wouldn't want much in the way of visitation for the Dad, but legally, unless he does something that labels him forever a danger to your son, Dad will have visitation with his son. I get it, because when you finally leave an abusive relationship like that, you want to be away from it completely. But the legal reality is Dad will be granted visitation, whether or not you agree to it.

If you fight it, that visitation won't be supervised
I don't think that the last sentence is a fair thing to say. Whether or not dad's visitation will be supervised depends on factors that are not currently in play in this thread. We do not have enough information to make a determination about that. Whether or no mom fights him having visitation is not going to be the determining factor.

However, if mom were to move out of state, that would increase the likelihood that dad would get unsupervised visitation, simply due to the distance. Supervised visitation would be nearly impossible unless it was family members of dad's who would supervise the visitation.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Florida
I am not married. My sons father has not established paternity yet. He is abusive and has threatened to take my son from me. Can I leave the state? I do not feel safe here. I went to court and was pressured to sign a paper giving him visitation and a no contact order. What can I do about this. I have been with him for over 12 years. I want to leave to get away from him. Plus his green card is expired. He is not up for renewal. I want to leave can i?
When did this abuse first happen? How old is the child?

Illiari

I, unlike you, am not playing armchair psychologist. Legally, Dad is allowed to believe whatever he feels like and share those beliefs with his child.

I am telling you that using Dad's beliefs against him can be tricky. If you say to a judge Dad is loony tunes, you will get slammed. If you act credible, and Dad acts kooky, that's on him.

Telling you the legal truth is not "negativity".

Whether or not paternity has been established, the fact is that you know this man is Dad. Your son knows him as his Dad. Dad has parental rights.

You chose this man to be the father of your child.

The only way that Dad is going to be denied a court order for visitation with his son is if he does something so bad that he is deemed a danger to his son. Even then, there is a possibility that he would at least be granted visitation.

12 posts, and you still have not told us what hideous things this man has done, that he should be completely stripped of his parental rights.
Stop replying you are annoying. Bye bye

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">