• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenntat

I was recently hospitalized for an injury on my right arm,which included having 2 surgerys.I am on a medication called Suboxone that is intended to block opiates from working and should not be mixed with benzodiazepines because it causes respiratory problems that can lead to death, I pleaded with the Dr to educate himself on Suboxone and it's interactions for some reason the Dr decided to ignore me so I was without pain relief the whole time they continued to give me opiates and benzodiazepines with my Suboxone wish is actually illegal because the Dr is not DEA certified to dispense Suboxone for more than 72 hours witch they did for 7 days. Ok that's just the tip of the ice berg.My discharge paperwork states I'm a chronic prescription opiate user with hep c thats obese ?and none of those labels had anything to do with why I was in the hospital or even discussed with me. I was treated for an infection on my right arm.I am a recovering drug addict who was treated like I was less than human.In my recovery I've learned to value my life and that starts with me standing up for myself because I am human and I do have rights.If anyone can give me some insight on what to do I would be so appreciative..I'm lost.

PayrollHRGuy

I'll let others address the Suboxone issues.

As far as what was written on you release paperwork. It doesn't matter that those three things had nothing to do with why you were in the hospital. If they are actually true they are part of your medical history.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I was recently hospitalized for an injury on my right arm,which included having 2 surgerys.I am on a medication called Suboxone that is intended to block opiates from working and should not be mixed with benzodiazepines because it causes respiratory problems that can lead to death, I pleaded with the Dr to educate himself on Suboxone and it's interactions for some reason the Dr decided to ignore me so I was without pain relief the whole time they continued to give me opiates and benzodiazepines with my Suboxone wish is actually illegal because the Dr is not DEA certified to dispense Suboxone for more than 72 hours witch they did for 7 days.
So, other than being in pain, were there any negative effects? Was there permanent damage done to your body as a result of this?

Let me put it this way. I do not have an opiate addiction, but because of people like you, the policy at my local hospital that people like me have to explicitly *ask* for pain killers after surgery, rather than putting us on a schedule. Because of this, I actually passed out from pain when they asked me to get up and walk after (non-elective) abdominal surgery. Fortunately I landed in a chair. No harm, no foul.

If there is no lasting harm, then there is no case.

Ok that's just the tip of the ice berg.My discharge paperwork states I'm a chronic prescription opiate user with hep c thats obese ?and none of those labels had anything to do with why I was in the hospital or even discussed with me. I was treated for an infection on my right arm.I am a recovering drug addict who was treated like I was less than human.In my recovery I've learned to value my life and that starts with me standing up for myself because I am human and I do have rights.If anyone can give me some insight on what to do I would be so appreciative..I'm lost.
You admit that you are a recovering addict. If you also have hep c and are obese, then the discharge papers are factually correct. There is nothing wrong with being factually correct.

Also, having hep c *was* relevant during your treatment. I'm sure that during surgery your medical care providers needed to be aware of this, for example, although one is generally careful when treating infections. Being obese affects many parts of your health and healing.

Your inherent worth is not negated by having the truth on your discharge papers.

If you stay in recovery, you will eventually heal to the point of realizing this. Accept who you are and become a better you through recovery.

There is a TED talk, "What Parkinson's Taught Me", by Emma Lawton, that you should watch. I realize that you don't have Parkinson's, but she'ss an excellent speaker, and pretty effectively argues that you can find happiness because - not in spite of your troubles.

quincy

What is the name of your state, Jenntat, or, if not in the U.S., what is the name of your country?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">