• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emergency contact information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

If you have an emergency situation while living in a Halfway house are they obligated to contact your emergency contact to inform them of your situation?

quincy

If you have an emergency situation while living in a Halfway house are they obligated to contact your emergency contact to inform them of your situation?
The halfway house should contact your emergency contact person in case of an emergency.

Did you list as an emergency contact someone you are allowed to have contact with under terms of your probation?

xylene

Do you want contact or are you avoiding contact?

You could really could flash this out a bit.

Do you want contact or are you avoiding contact?

You could really could flash this out a bit.
Let me explain the situation, Iwas taken to the hospital from the halfway house via ambulance , i was unresponsive@ the time. Thehouse was given 3 numbers in which to contact in case of an emergency, no body was contacted at all, I had to tell my family myself 4 hrs later. i want to know if there is anything i can do legally? Ifeel that my contacts i had given them should have beeen contacted. What can i do?

quincy

Do you know if the halfway house and/or the hospital tried to contact those listed on your contact information form? I would think the hospital would request the information.

I am not sure there is anything you can do legally. Because there was only a four hour time period involved, the halfway house may have given contact information to the hospital and the hospital may have been busy stabilizing you.

More facts need to be known. What caused the emergency?

Then, when it is possible to do so, the halfway house should use your emergency contact information to inform your contact person of the emergency.

Does your question come from curiosity or did you experience an emergency?
Let me explain the situation, Iwas taken to the hospital from the halfway house via ambulance , i was unresponsive@ the time. Thehouse was given 3 numbers in which to contact in case of an emergency, no body was contacted at all, I had to tell my family myself 4 hrs later. i want to know if there is anything i can do legally? Ifeel that my contacts i had given them sho

quincy

Let me explain the situation, Iwas taken to the hospital from the halfway house via ambulance , i was unresponsive@ the time. Thehouse was given 3 numbers in which to contact in case of an emergency, no body was contacted at all, I had to tell my family myself 4 hrs later. i want to know if there is anything i can do legally? Ifeel that my contacts i had given them sho
Yes. You said that.

What caused the emergency?

Do you know if the halfway house and/or the hospital tried to contact those listed on your contact information form? I would think the hospital would request the information.

I am not sure there is anything you can do legally. Because there was only a four hour time period involved, the halfway house may have given contact information to the hospital and the hospital may have been busy stabilizing you.

More facts need to be known. What caused the emergency?
i had a seizure . i gave the hospital my emer.cont. info when i regained consiousness. i had to give the hospital permission to tell the halfway house info about my care and condition

quincy

i had a seizure . i gave the hospital my emer.cont. info when i regained consiousness. i had to give the hospital permission to tell the halfway house info about my care and condition
Thanks for the additional information.

I am surprised the halfway house did not provide the hospital with your emergency contact information.

Did you ask either the halfway house staff or your probation officer about this?

Thanks for the additional information.

I am surprised the halfway house did not provide the hospital with your emergency contact information.

Did you ask either the halfway house staff or your probation officer about this?
not yet because i have not had contact with either of them yet . i am still in the hospital .Probably wont speak to them untill released from the hospital and return to the halfway house .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">