• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Seriously? The resources provided (e.g., Secretary of State, company website, Dun & Bradstreet, etc) would not have "outdated, incomplete or inaccurate" information.
Seriously. Understand that I am not saying that the information is necessarily bad, but these organizations will typically not have a complete current detailed sets of financial information on most private companies, especially small firms, to provide the public. That is due to the limited nature of the information they get and the fact what they do get may be old because they only get that information at particular points in time, maybe annually, maybe even less than that. Have you actually looked at exactly what information these organizations get, how it is collected, how often, and what they provide to the public? What I am saying here is that one needs to be aware of the limitations of these sources of information and to be careful about the assumptions and conclusions that might be drawn from them. So I seriously don't understand the tone of your reply to me.

Your suggestion to ask a private company for their financial information is fine - but it is unrealistic to expect that a private company will be willing to disclose it.
I did not suggest that the OP ask. I think you misunderstood what I wrote. What I said was “In a lot of instances the only really good way to get complete and accurate financial information about a private business is from the owner's themselves.” In other words, other resources are unlikely to have that kind of information; only the owners would have it. I agree that it would be unlikely that most private businesses would willingly share that with employees. They can always ask I suppose.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I'm sorry, I think my reply came out more harshly than I intended. But where I have lived the single word response of “seriously?” is taken as mocking what the other person said, and that was my immediate reaction when reading your post — that you were mocking my post. I realize now you may not have meant it that way however.

jenn19

Dun and Bradstreet: From my extensive experience using them they very often have outdated, incomplete or inaccurate information. In addition, they charge quite a bit of money to use their services.
[/QUOTE]

Good idea, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">