• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son and Fathrrs 4th amendment rights violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

How many think I am in the right?

• Total voters
What is
the name of your state? KENTUCKY
MY SON AND I HAD SOCIAL WORKERS AND A POLICE OFFICER COME TO OUR HOME. DATE WAS 3-12-18. THEY ASK ME TO LET COME IN OUR HOME. I SAID THEY COULD NOT. WANTED TO KNOW WHY MY SON MISSED SOME SCHOOL. I GAVE THEY A EXCUSE WHY FROM A WEEK BEFORE. SOMEHOW WHILE I TOLD THE STORY. WHEN I WAS DONE THE POLICE OFFICER ASK ME TO GO GET A MENTAL EVALUATION. I WONDERING WHY. HE TRY TO SAY I SAID I WAS HEARING VOICES. THAT ISN'T WHAT I SAID. I SAID I WAS GOING BECAUSE I DON'T HEAR AND NEVER SAID THAT. THE OFFICER WANTED TO QUESTION MY SON TO CONFIRM MY STORY FOR HIM NOT GOING TO SCHOOL. I SAID NO THERE IS SOMETHING I WOULD LET BEEN DONE. I HAD ALREADY TOLD THEM I WASN'T TALKING TO THEM WITHOUT A LAWYER PRESENT. I WAS UNCOMFORTABLE AND BELIEVED IN MYSELF AS A FATHER. KNOWING THAT THERE IS SOME MISINFORMATION OR A WITCH HUNT. BECAUSE ALL THE PEOPLE WE COME ACROSS AND SEE MY ACTIONS AS A FATHER TELL ME THAT I DO A GREAT JOB. THEY KNOW I TAKE PRIDE IN BEING A FATHER. PUT HIM FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING. I WAS INSULTED BY THE COP DETERMINED TO COME UP WITH A WAY TO AGGREGATE ME. ALL READY I FELT PANIC AT UNEASE. SO I SAID I WAS DONE TALKING AND WENT BACK IN MY HOME SHUT MY DOOR. WELL HE DECIDED TO BUST IN MY DOOR. PUT ME IN CUFFS. TSKE MY SON. THEY ENTER WITH CAUSE OR CONSENT. THEY QUESTIONED MY SON WITHOUT CONSENT OF ME HIS PARENT OR LAWYER PRESENT ON HIS BEHALF. I WAS TAKEN TO A MENTAL HOSPITAL AGAINST MY WILL. WAS NOT EVER GIVEN A MENTAL EVALUATION. THE POLICE OFFICER THEN FALSELY WROTE HIS STATEMENT OUT ABOUT THE TRUE FACTS OF EVENTS. THAT WAS TO MAKE ME LOOK AS A CRAZY PERSON. TO COVER UP VIOLATING THE 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS OF MY 7 YEAR OLD SON AND ME. I HAVE VOICED MYSELF TO MY LAWYER. HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP US. THERE IS THINGS THEY FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED USED AGAINST ME. FORM WHERE MY RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED. ABTAINED BY FORCE FOR NO REASON. MY SON AND I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED. I HAVE DONE THE BEST TO GO A LONG WITH WHAT BEEN ASK OF ME TO DO. THERE HAS NOT ONCE BEEN ANY QUESTIONING OF THE METHODS USED AGAINST US. JUDGE DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE. MAINLY BECAUSE MY LAWYER WON'T DO A THING. WE ARE VERY POOR. I WASN'T UNDER ANY INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL AT THE TIME. THERE WAS A SUBSTANCE FOUND IN MY BLOOD THAT THE HOSPITAL TESTED. SO THERE GONNA TRY USE THAT AS A REASONING. I KNOW MY WRONGS AND CAN ADMIT THEM. I CANNOT LET ANY SAY I NEGLECTED MY SON OR FABRICATE STATEMENTS AGAINST ME. BREAK MY DOOR DOWN CAUSE HARM TO MY SON AND I UNLAWFULLY. I NEED HELP PLEASE. CAN ANYONE HELP US AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE? I AM EMOTIONALLY SCREWED UP FROM THIS AND MY SON IS HAVING HIS FUTURE JEOPARDIZED WITH A CHANCE OF SOME KINDA PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN IF THIS WASN'T DONE TO US. REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ESPECIALLY FOR MY SON I WILL DO WHATEVER TO MAKE SURE HE IS REPRESENT AND TREATED WITH RESPECT AND WITHOUT DISRUPTION IN HIS LIFE. JUST KNOW THIS IS HONEST AND FROM MY HEART WITH TRUST. HELP IS NEEDED. THANKS WE WILL BE WATCHING FOR A RESPONSE.

quincy

What is
MY SON AND I HAD SOCIAL WORKERS AND A POLICE OFFICER COME TO OUR HOME. DATE WAS 3-12-18. THEY ASK ME TO LET COME IN OUR HOME. I SAID THEY COULD NOT. WANTED TO KNOW WHY MY SON MISSED SOME SCHOOL. I GAVE THEY A EXCUSE WHY FROM A WEEK BEFORE. SOMEHOW WHILE I TOLD THE STORY. WHEN I WAS DONE THE POLICE OFFICER ASK ME TO GO GET A MENTAL EVALUATION. I WONDERING WHY. HE TRY TO SAY I SAID I WAS HEARING VOICES. THAT ISN'T WHAT I SAID. I SAID I WAS GOING BECAUSE I DON'T HEAR AND NEVER SAID THAT. THE OFFICER WANTED TO QUESTION MY SON TO CONFIRM MY STORY FOR HIM NOT GOING TO SCHOOL. I SAID NO THERE IS SOMETHING I WOULD LET BEEN DONE. I HAD ALREADY TOLD THEM I WASN'T TALKING TO THEM WITHOUT A LAWYER PRESENT. I WAS UNCOMFORTABLE AND BELIEVED IN MYSELF AS A FATHER. KNOWING THAT THERE IS SOME MISINFORMATION OR A WITCH HUNT. BECAUSE ALL THE PEOPLE WE COME ACROSS AND SEE MY ACTIONS AS A FATHER TELL ME THAT I DO A GREAT JOB. THEY KNOW I TAKE PRIDE IN BEING A FATHER. PUT HIM FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING. I WAS INSULTED BY THE COP DETERMINED TO COME UP WITH A WAY TO AGGREGATE ME. ALL READY I FELT PANIC AT UNEASE. SO I SAID I WAS DONE TALKING AND WENT BACK IN MY HOME SHUT MY DOOR. WELL HE DECIDED TO BUST IN MY DOOR. PUT ME IN CUFFS. TSKE MY SON. THEY ENTER WITH CAUSE OR CONSENT. THEY QUESTIONED MY SON WITHOUT CONSENT OF ME HIS PARENT OR LAWYER PRESENT ON HIS BEHALF. I WAS TAKEN TO A MENTAL HOSPITAL AGAINST MY WILL. WAS NOT EVER GIVEN A MENTAL EVALUATION. THE POLICE OFFICER THEN FALSELY WROTE HIS STATEMENT OUT ABOUT THE TRUE FACTS OF EVENTS. THAT WAS TO MAKE ME LOOK AS A CRAZY PERSON. TO COVER UP VIOLATING THE 4TH AMENDMENT RIGHTS OF MY 7 YEAR OLD SON AND ME. I HAVE VOICED MYSELF TO MY LAWYER. HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP US. THERE IS THINGS THEY FIND OUT ABOUT THAT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED USED AGAINST ME. FORM WHERE MY RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED. ABTAINED BY FORCE FOR NO REASON. MY SON AND I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED. I HAVE DONE THE BEST TO GO A LONG WITH WHAT BEEN ASK OF ME TO DO. THERE HAS NOT ONCE BEEN ANY QUESTIONING OF THE METHODS USED AGAINST US. JUDGE DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE. MAINLY BECAUSE MY LAWYER WON'T DO A THING. WE ARE VERY POOR. I WASN'T UNDER ANY INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL AT THE TIME. THERE WAS A SUBSTANCE FOUND IN MY BLOOD THAT THE HOSPITAL TESTED. SO THERE GONNA TRY USE THAT AS A REASONING. I KNOW MY WRONGS AND CAN ADMIT THEM. I CANNOT LET ANY SAY I NEGLECTED MY SON OR FABRICATE STATEMENTS AGAINST ME. BREAK MY DOOR DOWN CAUSE HARM TO MY SON AND I UNLAWFULLY. I NEED HELP PLEASE. CAN ANYONE HELP US AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE? I AM EMOTIONALLY SCREWED UP FROM THIS AND MY SON IS HAVING HIS FUTURE JEOPARDIZED WITH A CHANCE OF SOME KINDA PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN IF THIS WASN'T DONE TO US. REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ESPECIALLY FOR MY SON I WILL DO WHATEVER TO MAKE SURE HE IS REPRESENT AND TREATED WITH RESPECT AND WITHOUT DISRUPTION IN HIS LIFE. JUST KNOW THIS IS HONEST AND FROM MY HEART WITH TRUST. HELP IS NEEDED. THANKS WE WILL BE WATCHING FOR A RESPONSE.
Where is your son's mom?

FlyingRon

Your post is very difficult to read. We use lower case letters and sentences here.
You appear to have an attorney. You need to be working with him. If you want a response, you're going to have to ask a question rather than yelling a rant at us.

Just Blue

What is
Typing in all caps is considered yelling on the internet. I don't know why you are yelling at us... :(

How much school had son missed? How many days was he absent or late? Before the officer showed up w/ Social Worker had you received any notice regarding his absences?

quincy

Here is a link to Kenton County Attorney's website with information on mental health holds:

http://www.kentoncoatty.com/service/mental-health-petitions

Apparently you acted or reacted in a way that officials who came to your house deemed a threat to yourself or to others (possibly your son). You were hospitalized so the threat could be evaluated.

If you have an attorney, you should rely on his advice and direction. You have the option of hiring another attorney if you do not feel your current attorney is representing your best interests.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What substance was found in your blood?

Why do you think the police have to allow a parent or an attorney to be present in order to talk to your 7-year old son?

Typing in all caps is considered yelling on the internet. I don't know why you are yelling at us... :(

How much school had son missed? How many days was he absent or late? Before the officer showed up w/ Social Worker had you received any notice regarding his absences?
Sorry wasn't yelling. Just wasn't aware. My son missed total of around 17 excuses absent and I believe 8 or 9 unexcused absences. No notice that I know of. They said someone also had called in a report on me. Which I know there is nothing done that we do to give a bad impression. They didn't explain theirselves of why of being at my home. I have been honest and polite thru the this whole process. I have shared my frustration and asked why they can fabricate statements. No answer from anybody with the ones in this system. I'm positive that our rights was violated. My son and I didn't deserve what has happened to us. Thanks for the feedback and questions.

Your post is very difficult to read. We use lower case letters and sentences here.
You appear to have an attorney. You need to be working with him. If you want a response, you're going to have to ask a question rather than yelling a rant at us.
Wasn't yelling. Wasn't aware someone would take my post as yelling. Forgive I am a very calm person and my lawyer isn't doing what I believe to be a very good job. He already agreed me to something I would not ever agree. Saying neglect and I never said that. Now I have to get that retracted from the case. Because I never neglected my son.

Where is your son's mom?
His mother abandoned us 5 years ago. Walked out and we haven't seen her but once for less than 2 minutes. She went to have another affair. Start another family. She has had 4 kids since then and paid us no child support. We have struggled and made a decent life for ourselves. My son is the best of me. Will not quit on him a day in my life. Except now they have made it almost impossible for us to have the life we was living again. Breaks my heart every day.

quincy

It sounds as if your son has had a rough time of it, with his mom leaving.

Your son has missed an awful lot of school. Does he have a medical condition that requires frequent doctor visits (hence the "excused" absences)?

Where was your son on the days he was absent from school without excuse?

Last edited:
What is
Sorry for using all caps. Wasnt trying to give the impression of yelling. Not a regular internet user. It was just easier for me to see what I was writing. Sorry again. Thanks for all feedback.

quincy

Don't worry about the "all caps" in your first post. Many aren't aware that writing in all caps is considered yelling in the internet. Nor do many understand how difficult it can be to read a large block of capitalized text. :)

It sounds as if your son has had a rough time of it.

Your son has missed an awful lot of school. Does he have a medical condition that requires frequent doctor visits (hence the "excused" absences)?

Where was your son on the days he was absent from school without excuse?
He had the flu one week and a upper respiratory infection another week. That was total of 11 days and then he was sick with a temp total of 3 to 4 days. His school has asked that if a child has a temp not to send them to school. We try to follow what the school ask of us. We missed the bus a few days and wasn't able to get to school. We have no transportation. There no one we could get to help with a ride on those days. I have walked my kid to school. It a few miles away or more.

quincy

In Kentucky, students who have 3 or more unexcused absences from school are considered truant. Chronic absenteeism is defined as 17 or more excused or unexcused absences from school in a school year.

Truancy complaints can be filed by a school district when the number of absences are excessive - and fines can be imposed and charges can be filed against parents when their children have 9 or more unexcused absences.

Your son's school is concerned about him, and the concern is not an unreasonable one. That is why you were visited by the police and social services. You and your son can expect interviews with social service workers.

The goal in these interviews is not to punish either child or parent over the school absences but rather it is to identify the reason(s) for the student's absences and help find a solution.

You say that you have no transportation which I assume means you have no car. Do you have a driver's license? If your son misses the bus in the morning and you have no way to get him to school, how are you able to get your son to the doctor or go to grocery stores for food?

I do not see that your rights were violated. I DO see that you and your son may need some help addressing your son's truancy.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">