• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida visitation before any legal plan is set

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gimpygirl

Yes. My always good friend of 20 years moved back to Florida 2 months after I left my husband in June of last year. We'd talked regularly before he moved back down. We had similar situations. His ex used to be abusive towards him she was an unmedicated bipolar pill adict which she also became after they were married because she had an injury that she milked for years for painkillers. And, engagement isn't a legal or not legal thing.. There are no laws stating whether you're allowed to promise to marry someone and get engaged before you can afford a divorce. Are there any other judgemental comments I need to justify to you or did you actually have advice or are you just a part of this forum because you get off on insulting and judging people for how you assume they live their lives?

gimpygirl

Wait! How do you have a fiance when you are still married? In ONE YEAR you left your husband and met and got "engaged" to another man? (BTW: You LEGALLY can't get engaged when you are already married.)

Ohiogal is an attorney/GAL...You are very lucky to have her helping you. And this is a LEGAL site...if you feel upset at the questions/ comments here you will not do well in court.
It's supposed to be advice, not snap judgement and insults. The judge in court will have my husband's arrest record, see that it all started less than 5 years ago, and have my 19 year old son and my inlaws as witnesses. I am trying to ask how I can legally protect my son until I can afford to go to court and I'm just getting attacked with no actual advice given yet.

gimpygirl

I also, just today had verified by my doctor, that the cause of my chronic migraines, which started in December, that now I get everyday sometimes multiple a day are caused by cervicobrachial syndrome from the injury to my neck when my husband threw me on a table. I was with him nearly 22 years. Until my dad died 5 years ago whom my husband worked for, he was not abusive or an alcoholic or a drug addict. Now he is. And now, I'm asking legally how I can protect my son until I have the income to take him to court. Is that something anyone can give me advice on, or should I not keep checking this? Because I don't understand how my question turned me into a villain that just wants to keep a kid from his harmless dad?

gimpygirl

At 19 son is an adult free to move out of harms way as he sees fit
Oldest is 19, he would testify to the drug and alcohol and physical abuse, and that it started in the last 5 year's and was not an issue the previous years of his or his brother's life. His brother is only 9.

LdiJ

If he would schedule visits my fiance would be here at the time scheduled. And I know that if I had the money to take him to court, they'd deem him unfit and I would then have the right to make sure my child who is in my custody, who I take care of without help from the father, isn't alone with a narcissistic emotionally/verbally/physically abusive person. I'm trying to get advice on how to protect my child until i can go through the legal process. I wasn't aware I was on trial when I asked for advice.
Just a small piece of advice. Don't call your boyfriend your fiancé when you are still married to someone else. It's really frowned upon and could make you look bad. Even having a boyfriend can be questionable in your circumstances so its better to be more discrete than that.

Just Blue

Yes. My always good friend of 20 years moved back to Florida 2 months after I left my husband in June of last year. We'd talked regularly before he moved back down. We had similar situations. His ex used to be abusive towards him she was an unmedicated bipolar pill adict which she also became after they were married because she had an injury that she milked for years for painkillers. And, engagement isn't a legal or not legal thing.. There are no laws stating whether you're allowed to promise to marry someone and get engaged before you can afford a divorce. Are there any other judgemental comments I need to justify to you or did you actually have advice or are you just a part of this forum because you get off on insulting and judging people for how you assume they live their lives?
I think you need to pay an attorney.

gimpygirl

I think you need to pay an attorney.
I plan to as soon as I have the money. It's just a little difficult since I've had chronic migraines nearly daily since December due to an injury he caused to my neck. I work in accounting. It's kind of impossible to do or be at work everyday with a migraine. As it stands today, my boss recommended I contact our company insurance to apply for short term disability until they find a way to stop the migraines from being so consistent.

gimpygirl

Just a small piece of advice. Don't call your boyfriend your fiancé when you are still married to someone else. It's really frowned upon and could make you look bad. Even having a boyfriend can be questionable in your circumstances so its better to be more discrete than that.
I was with my ex for almost 22 years. We've been separated over a year. And we've both known my "I'm not sure what to call him now" since we started dating as teenagers. I didn't realize it would be a big deal under the circumstances..

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Perhaps your fiance can help pay for a lawyer?

And I wouldn't count on the inlaws testifying. And, personally, I would never ask my child to testify against their other parent. Under any circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">