• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrMargo

Missouri.
Hi there.
That's not the best thing to tell about. I adopted my son when he was a little boy. Now he's going to school, he's 17. He bought a vaporizer. SOmeone at school saw that and teachers started calling me and tell that I'm a bad mother. That I don't know that my son is smoking.
They want to bring this subject into court. I'm really nervous now.
I thought vaping is allowed.
Help someone, please.
I was looking through different sites. Vapingdaily says it's allowed to vape only when you 18+. Don't know what to do in that situation. I really love my son, but didn't think it could cause such problems.

Just Blue

Missouri.
Hi there.
That's not the best thing to tell about. I adopted my son when he was a little boy. Now he's going to school, he's 17. He bought a vaporizer. SOmeone at school saw that and teachers started calling me and tell that I'm a bad mother. That I don't know that my son is smoking.
They want to bring this subject into court. I'm really nervous now.
I thought vaping is allowed.
Help someone, please.
I was looking through different sites. Vapingdaily says it's allowed to vape only when you 18+. Don't know what to do in that situation. I really love my son, but didn't think it could cause such problems.
Please clarify ; "They want to bring this subject to court".

Who is they? A school official?

And I suggest you brush up on vaping. There are studies showing there are health risks associated with it.

MrMargo

Please clarify ; "They want to bring this subject to court".

Who is they? A school official?

And I suggest you brush up on vaping. There are studies showing there are health risks associated with it.
Yes, school officials.
And yes I understand that vaping also have health risks, but I thought it would be better than simple cigarettes.

Just Blue

Yes, school officials.
And yes I understand that vaping also have health risks, but I thought it would be better than simple cigarettes.
I suggest you consult with a criminal attorney. And be prepared for CPS to come knocking on your door. You should also take parenting class's.

MrMargo

So
WHAT???
Do you honestly believe that you are not his mother? That, quite frankly, saddens me. You are his MOTHER. Period.
Sorry, I'm really nervous now. I wrote real, but then I edited it because understood that sounds awful. I meant biological mother

MrMargo

Oh, my God. I love my son and always was trying to do my best to raise him a good boy. But unfortunately smoking is so popular among teenagers, so I've decided that vape is not the worst thing he could try. It's not drugs and not cigarettes.
I'll forbid that to him if you say it's that bad.Thanks

Just Blue

Oh, my God. I love my son and always was trying to do my best to raise him a good boy. But unfortunately smoking is so popular among teenagers, so I've decided that vape is not the worst thing he could try. It's not drugs and not cigarettes.
Teen violence is "popular" as well....Would you buy him a knife because it's "better than" a gun?

Just Blue

Of course no. He's not aggressive. I definitely need to talk to psychologist maybe. Am I really so bad mother?
I don't know you so I really can't say...But you really made a very bad decision on this one issue. I doubt much will come of it but consult with an attorney if you are contacted by either the police or CPS. Do not talk to either agency without an attorney.

MrMargo

I don't know you so I really can't say...But you really made a very bad decision on this one issue. I doubt much will come of it but consult with an attorney if you are contacted by either the police or CPS. Do not talk to either agency without an attorney.
Ok, thank you. I'll try

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...so I've decided that vape is not the worst thing he could try. It's not drugs and not cigarettes.
You really ought to do some research about vaping. You may change your opinion.

I'm hoping that you're not serious on this. YOU are the child's parent. Why would you yield your parental decision-making to random strangers on the internet?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">