• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can’t put my kids in school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Long story short we are on hard times and my sons school will not register my kids unless I pay a registration fee. They have a fee waive but you have to pay first. Because I don’t have the money they said no?

FlyingRon

Welcome to the corrupt state of Illinois. They pervert the concept of free and appropriate by burying the fees around "non-educational" items which you have no choice but to pay. There are twenty or so recognized items that can be charged for. Most of your corrupt districts have figured out how to bill for all of them.

Just Blue

Welcome to the corrupt state of Illinois. They pervert the concept of free and appropriate by burying the fees around "non-educational" items which you have no choice but to pay. There are twenty or so recognized items that can be charged for. Most of your corrupt districts have figured out how to bill for all of them.
That's incredible! How can they do that?:mad:

Its crazy I’m not even sure what to do. I called the state and they called them then told me there’s nothing they can do and after talking them she advised me to contact a lawyer.

Just Blue

Its crazy I’m not even sure what to do. I called the state and they called them then told me there’s nothing they can do and after talking them she advised me to contact a lawyer.
I agree. I would get an Educational Attorney. Often you can get at least a free consult and perhaps the situation will interest him/her enough s/he will do it pro bono. I wish you the very best of luck and please let us know how things work out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">