• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name Change Documents in Los Angeles County, California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Idgie

I'm wondering, I've used the same name for over 25 years. I am thinking I won't have to publish my name in the papers because I changed my name and moved twice due to an assault. That's the rules that I found out via the County website. However, I recently acquired my birth certificate and found out my birth year is different than I've always thought. I will need to change that as well, but I'm worried I'm going to be in trouble with SS, etc., as I am already on SS and medicare. If they think I lied purposely, I could be in for a whole lot of trouble. But I have to change my name legally to get a Real ID or Passport. So, what's a gal to do?

Idgie

What is your state name and what are you talking about?
In the title of my post, I listed Los Angeles County, California. I didn't know that doesn't show up in the post. Seems stupid to have the feature if it's unused. And I'm referring to the fact that my birth certificate states I was born in a different year than the year I've used all my life. I never knew that. I'm in the process of changing my name through the courts. To do so, I'll have to correct my birth year. I'm concerned about how Social Security and Medicare will respond to that change. I hope that clarifies for you.

Idgie

And why are you posting in an archived section that says not to post new questions?
Clearly, I'm a new member, as is stated below my username. I posted where the website directed me and saw nothing about not posting in that location. Thanks for your response, however, it would have been much more helpful had you offered me information or a link to where I should post my inquiry, rather than scolding me for not knowing.

quincy

In the title of my post, I listed Los Angeles County, California. I didn't know that doesn't show up in the post. Seems stupid to have the feature if it's unused. And I'm referring to the fact that my birth certificate states I was born in a different year than the year I've used all my life. I never knew that. I'm in the process of changing my name through the courts. To do so, I'll have to correct my birth year. I'm concerned about how Social Security and Medicare will respond to that change. I hope that clarifies for you.
I apologize. I somehow missed that you included your state name in your title.

You can find name change information through the following court link and legal assistance available in additional links provided on that webpage, if you need help getting the birth year changed on your legal documents.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-namechange.htm

By the way, it is not uncommon for new visitors to this site to puzzle over where best to place their legal question. A "Family Law Archive" is just an unusual choice for your question, given so many other better options. :)

Idgie

I apologize. I somehow missed that you included your state name in your title.

You can find name change information through the following court link and legal assistance available in additional links provided on that webpage, if you need help getting the birth year changed on your legal documents.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-namechange.htm

By the way, it is not uncommon for new visitors to this site to puzzle over where best to place their legal question. A "Family Law Archive" is just an unusual choice for your question, given so many other better options. :)
Like I said, I just followed links. I didn't know where they took me. So sorry for the inconvenience. I won't be posting anything in archives again. I'll try to figure out where I am suppose to post.

Thanks for your link to get help. I sure do appreciate it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Clearly, I'm a new member, as is stated below my username. I posted where the website directed me and saw nothing about not posting in that location. Thanks for your response, however, it would have been much more helpful had you offered me information or a link to where I should post my inquiry, rather than scolding me for not knowing.
This Forum is no longer accepting new Questions. You can Answer existing Questions. Please post new Questions in other Family Law Forums.
Up at the top of forum topics. I have requested that this forum be closed to new posts to avoid future confusion.

Idgie

Like I said, I just followed links. I didn't know where they took me. So sorry for the inconvenience. I won't be posting anything in archives again. I'll try to figure out where I am suppose to post.

Thanks for your link to get help. I sure do appreciate it.
Quincy, I just went to the link you provided. Been there already. They don't have the answers. I guess I just have to try to find a lawyer who can answer some specific questions. Thanks for your help though Quincy. It's refreshing when one actually tries to help rather than treating people like idiots because they didn't know something. People are just so quick to judge others and make comments to make them feel stupid rather than just offering help. I honestly didn't even know I was in archives. Us old folks tend to miss things like that on occasion. One day, everyone gets old. I just wish the younger folks would remember that. It's much harder to follow along as you age.

quincy

Here is a link from the link I provided earlier: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1001.htm

This is a direct link to legal resources. An attorney in your area can help you get the document changes and corrections you want.

I appreciate the thanks.

Good luck.

As an additional note: I think young people can have as much difficulty following along as older people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">