• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relative adoptions in Pennsylvania.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Where and how do i start the adoption process of my little sisters baby? The baby is due in Jan. 2019.
An adoption is not a DIY project. You really need to have an adoption attorney on board. You will also need the consent of the baby's father as well as the baby's mother in most states (you did not name the state with jurisdiction).

JeepBiotch91

In the state of Pennsylvania. My sister and her husband want me to adopt their baby. They are willing to sign off their rights at the time of the baby's birth. What is the first step that I take to get things started ?

Just Blue

In the state of Pennsylvania. My sister and her husband want me to adopt their baby. They are willing to sign off their rights at the time of the baby's birth. What is the first step that I take to get things started ?
Hire an attorney. Really...this is NOT a do it yourself project.

LdiJ

You hire an attorney to get the case started and draw up the paperwork.

HRZ

IF they want you to adopt and THEY PAY legal costs they are less likely to change thier mind in Jan ?

Just Blue

IF they want you to adopt and THEY PAY legal costs they are less likely to change thier mind in Jan ?
WTH are you talking about? People placing their child for adoption do not pay the legal cost. They have a right to change their mind. Stop posting nonsense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">