• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SISP MONITOR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

For general information, here is a link to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Parole Division Guidelines (2015), on administering the Super-Intensive Supervision Program (SISP):

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/pd/03.15.01_parole_policy.pdf

The SISP is parole is for the highest level offenders (murderers, arsonists, child molesters...). The parolees are released on GPS tracking monitors.

Did you have a specific question about SISP?

Typokur

For general information, here is a link to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Parole Division Guidelines (2015), on administering the Super-Intensive Supervision Program (SISP):

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/pd/03.15.01_parole_policy.pdf

The SISP is parole is for the highest level offenders (murderers, arsonists, child molesters...). The parolees are released on GPS tracking monitors.

Did you have a specific question about SISP?
is there a internal battery on the ankle part of the monitor? Not the GPS box that you put in your pocket

quincy

is there a internal battery on the ankle part of the monitor? Not the GPS box that you put in your pocket
The type of monitor an offender has will depend on the offender's offense. The two types generally used for offenders are radio-frequency monitors (RF) and global positioning monitors (GPS).

RF monitors are generally battery operated ankle bracelets. These monitors are typically used for those on house-arrest.

The SISP offenders will be released on GPS monitors. These monitors continuously track offenders in real-time (their movements and locations) using signals from satellites and cell towers.

Both the RF and GPS monitors are most often ankle bracelets but some jurisdictions (not Texas to my knowledge and not for SISP to my knowledge) have used smart phones equipped with GPS tracking.

A monitor information and instruction sheet is reviewed with the offender prior to release and needs to be signed by the offender.

If the monitor is refused by the offender, there is no parole.

What is the basis for your questions? Do you have a friend or relative soon to be paroled on a monitor?

Last edited:

Tough Decision

I don't know about sisp in Texas, but the ones we wear here in Arkansas as part of (misdemeanor) probation are all in one, nothing in your pocket, have to be recharged every couple days or so, and have a vibration and light to warn you if they are getting low. I found a video that looks just like my device. It says the battery can last up to a week, but my PO said charge every other day. I've only had a warning light and vibrate once for a low battery since I got out of jail in May. A couple other times for a false alarm (and I followed instrctions). The ankle bracelets are no fun, but a whole lot better than getting your ass sent back inside.

quincy

There is a big difference in misdemeanor probation monitoring and SISP felony parole monitoring. SISP monitors will be GPS tracking.

quincy

... But thats the limit of my knowlege. Dont know more about Texas SISP than that; don't want to!
The video is a good one but your post has been reported because the video link is not limited to GPS monitors (although the Susan Boyle video is interesting ;)).

States handle monitoring differently so it can be important to look for state-specific information.

Last edited:

Tough Decision

The video is a good one but your post has been reported because the video link is not limited to GPS monitors (although the Susan Boyle video is interesting ;)).

States handle monitoring differently so it can be important to look for state-specific information.
(1) I just watched it again. Saw nothing about Susan Boyle so dont see what your talking about. YouTube brings up what it thinks are related videos at the end but everytime Ive watched it theyve also been about ankle bracelet. (2) I deleted my comment anyway. (3) Bye.

Just Blue

(1) I just watched it again. Saw nothing about Susan Boyle so dont see what your talking about. YouTube brings up what it thinks are related videos at the end but everytime Ive watched it theyve also been about ankle bracelet. (2) I deleted my comment anyway. (3) Bye.
Wow. What a petulant response to Quincy's polite comment.

quincy

I am sorry you felt the need to delete your comments. They were good comments (albeit Arkansas-based) and the video was a good one (although the link was not limited to monitors).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">