• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are you serious, now I can't use your forum?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nevada, I post and it was taken down why?

Nevada divorce in 2014. Not a millionaire, was a Chief Engineer with MEBA until a stroke in June of 2014 2 months after I filed for divorce of a 7 yr. marriage. First attorney withdrawals day of trial without a word to me. They come out of Judges chambers and Judge states counsels requests a continuance and it was continued. Then my attorney acts as if all was good to the point of saying we will see this through to the end. I end up have another stroke and having heart surgery the day of 2nd trial. Judge strikes my answer and defaults to ex wife. I hire 2nd attorney ask for a set a side. Judge said no but medication. 8 hrs in medication because Judge wanted a guardianship which was now in place per my attorney, for 8 hrs telling my attorney and ex's attorney they could not have third party layout from my defined contribution account but my attorney said let's just agree after 8 hrs of fighting and she would change it on Monday. Well it never got change and my Attorney seemed to be doing everything to help me I thought until 31/2 yrs later of this back and fourth she know has taken my money by way of stipulations and will sign without my signature. My QDRO that was to be changed is not being changed and a check is being issued to me but in the care of the defense attorney to pay everyone and the remaining I will get and I have no idea what it will be if any. I have nothing left and can't appeal. Any advice? I know I leaving a lot out. Judge has been removed and the defense attorney is also working under another for his law firm. Seems fishy as the Judge and the defense attorney are working Guardianship cases only. Oh and my Guardianship was never finished but she had her sign the amended decree and myself sign under knowing I was not on same plant because of heavy medication.

quincy

Why do you think you cannot use this forum? This thread seems to have posted without problem.

Did you in a previous post add links or include a commercial message or have personal identifying information (e.g., real names)?

You have described a complicated situation and a legal forum is unlikely to be of much help to you. You will probably need to find another attorney in your area to review the facts to date and guide you going forward.

Whether there has been any lawyer malpractice is difficult to tell.

Here is a link to Nevada's Rules of Professional Conduct: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/courtrules/RPC.html

Last edited:

quincy

The other thread was apparently reported (for editing?) as it was not here when this thread was created. At any rate, the other thread has now been deleted. Lewis will need to add any additional questions here.

The other thread was apparently reported (for editing?) as it was not here when this thread was created. At any rate, the other thread has now been deleted. Lewis will need to add any additional questions here.
I'm not sure what you mean by reported for editing. I did edit a few words. If that's not allowed I apologize. I am guessing no one is able to give me advice here. I have the Nevada Rules of Conduct. I was hoping to hear that someone could give me advice on how to proceed without my attorney. All of the sudden after firing my attorney I have deadlines to meet when for the past 3 years nothing was done, the case was closed pre court register until now. Seems like there is no one to trust here in Nevada. Judge has my first attorney to withdrawal and the second attorney holds up the case for 3 years for what? I'm sure the fees will come into play next. Anyway thanks for your wonderful support and help.

quincy

I'm not sure what you mean by reported for editing. I did edit a few words. If that's not allowed I apologize. I am guessing no one is able to give me advice here. I have the Nevada Rules of Conduct. I was hoping to hear that someone could give me advice on how to proceed without my attorney. All of the sudden after firing my attorney I have deadlines to meet when for the past 3 years nothing was done, the case was closed pre court register until now. Seems like there is no one to trust here in Nevada. Judge has my first attorney to withdrawal and the second attorney holds up the case for 3 years for what? I'm sure the fees will come into play next. Anyway thanks for your wonderful support and help.
I am afraid there is not much a forum can do to help you. You will need to learn the rules of procedure to meet the deadlines if you cannot find or afford an attorney in your area who can help you.

I am really sorry to hear you have had heart problems but it sounds as if your hospitalizations and surgeries created some problems, coming as they did at the times of your court hearings.

I suggest you look for legal aid clinics to see if an attorney there can help sort out the last few years and assist you in moving forward, Following are some links to legal assistance that you might find useful:

https://www.nvbar.org/lawyerreferral/pro-bono-for-the-public/

https://www.lacsn.org

https://nevadalawhelp.org

Good luck.

I thank you for that, I guess I was praying for a miracle that maybe an Attorney would say " Hey I'm interested in your case". It has been a ride I never want to get on again. I'm finding out a lot along the way about Professional Ethics and basically the rules of the court. But what I can't understand is why you should put your trust in any Attorney who is the number one Contributor to the Judges running for office here in Clark County NV. Just found that out and it makes sense now how the attorneys are basically playing ball with your case and other cases to the point of telling fellow attorneys that owe them one and that was me and my case that has been Proved Up from the beginning. Sad

quincy

I thank you for that, I guess I was praying for a miracle that maybe an Attorney would say " Hey I'm interested in your case". It has been a ride I never want to get on again. I'm finding out a lot along the way about Professional Ethics and basically the rules of the court. But what I can't understand is why you should put your trust in any Attorney who is the number one Contributor to the Judges running for office here in Clark County NV. Just found that out and it makes sense now how the attorneys are basically playing ball with your case and other cases to the point of telling fellow attorneys that owe them one and that was me and my case that has been Proved Up from the beginning. Sad
That's not really how it works - although it might seem that way. :)

An attorney is unlikely to contact you and say they are interested in your case. You will have to make some calls and arrange to meet with attorneys to discuss your case in person - or you can find guidance at a legal aid clinic.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">