• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will my boyfriend get jail time? If so is there a way around that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I believe it was around in the early to mid 70's. It was a little bit of a stretch even then.
Friday was "take-out night" when I was a kid. I was about 10 and my Mom would give me a list of what to order along with a ten dollar bill. 5 burgers, 5 fries, 5 drinks and as long as you didn't get a shake you could get an apple pie. That would have been in '75 . I always got change (coins along with bills).

quincy

What you wrote: bullet-riddled bullet-proof glass: wrong
What I wrote: Bullet-ridden bullet-proof glass: right
Nope. Wrong again.

What do you think "bullet-ridden" means?

I agree that "bullet-riddled bullet proof glass" is a stupid thing to say. So is "bullet-ridden bullet proof."

But "bullet-riddled" is the correct phrase and "bullet-ridden" is an incorrect phrase (albeit an error made by others beside you).

You can be debt-ridden or disease-ridden or guilt-ridden.

But there is no bullet-ridden.

There is riddled by bullets or bullet-riddled.

Look up the definitions of ridden and riddled.

mjpayne

Nope. Wrong again.

What do you think "bullet-ridden" means?

I agree that "bullet-riddled bullet proof glass" is a stupid thing to say. So is "bullet-ridden bullet proof."

But "bullet-riddled" is the correct phrase and "bullet-ridden" is an incorrect phrase (albeit an error made by others beside you).

You can be debt-ridden or disease-ridden or guilt-ridden.

But there is no bullet-ridden.

There is riddled by bullets or bullet-riddled.

Look up the definitions of ridden and riddled.
OK:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ridden

2: excessively full of or supplied with —usually used in combination

Therefore, "bullet-ridden" would mean "full of bullets," which is what you might expect.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Several years ago I went to a KFC in what (I thought) wasn't that bad of a neighborhood They had bullet-proof glass between the employees and the customers.
Bullet-ridden bullet-proof glass?
Major Payne, I don't know how you came up with this reaction to Zig's post.

There was nothing in Zig's posts about bullet holes (bullet riddled) or bullets embedded (bullet ridden), just a statement that there was bullet proof glass.

Stop crossing double yellow lines while spritzing yourself with cologne and call it a day.

mjpayne

Major Payne, I don't know how you came up with this reaction to Zig's post.

There was nothing in Zig's posts about bullet holes (bullet riddled) or bullets embedded (bullet ridden), just a statement that there was bullet proof glass.

Stop crossing double yellow lines while spritzing yourself with cologne and call it a day.
I was making a joke regarding his bad neighborhood statement, asking if the bulletproof glass separating the customers from the employees (which implies it is a bad neighborhood) was also bullet-ridden (implying it's a really bad neighborhood).

quincy

I was making a joke regarding his bad neighborhood statement, asking if the bulletproof glass separating the customers from the employees (which implies it is a bad neighborhood) was also bullet-ridden (implying it's a really bad neighborhood).
Just think: Had you used the correct word, you would have been totally ignored.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">