• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do with property of arrested person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Agnes83

Hi, one of the tenants that used to live in the property had been arrested 3 weeks ago. He has no relatives or friends in the country who can collect his possessions. Citizen advice told me that his stuff can be removed from his room and has to be secured by us for 3 weeks from the date he had been arrested. Then it can be given to charity or somewhere. 3 weeks passed on 28th of November. The owner of the stuff had been informed what I had been advised. I asked him to organize collection of the possessions. I got a letter from him from jail containing information that they have someone in jail to collect his stuff but by now no one contacted me. So I gave him more time for that but I can't wait forever. I called police and they said to give him time by the 10th of December and then give it to charity. I feel unsure with getting rid of somebody's items.. What can be done in this case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">