• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much does the court award for trade libel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I strongly suggest, for your sake, that you request a change in your username.

I worry that to much of your information is available.

There is some info associated with your name that I hope your lawyer can also address (defamation).
There are several people with the same name.

GideonEffect

Huh? You've lost me.
In my riiginal post Nov. 1, 2018 I stated

"I have a lease for a garage where i run a auto repair business, its on the landlords agricultural land in unicorp Adams County. A recent customer decided he didn't want to pay after an engine replacement approx 4,800.00 total amount owed and he refused contact after notified the job was done he filed a lawsuit didn't serve me and he was awarded 12,000.00 default judgment."

After reading some reviews and comments posted by "customer" I decided to look back into my emails. And that's when i found that I mistakenly sent the customers work order to the landlord's attorney with some of the things i filed in court i also had to send to opposing counsel. and in an email 5/22/2018 i sent 5 attachments. 1 of them was the customers work order. I use use it to layout the details of the job, that work order has the customers contact info and the landlords attorney I alege sent it to the landlord, then landlord contacted customer informed him about the eviction and promised to get him his car back. I was holding his car for payment since 4/12/2018 that's when his car wars finished and ready to pickup. But I told him he had to pay in cash only so he couldn't charge back the payment again. he refused contact and charged back 1,500.00 deposit for engine sometime around 03/26/2018 i don't think he had the money to pay for it $3,200. How lucky she tells him there will be an eviction but didn't tell me until May

quincy

In my riiginal post Nov. 1, 2018 I stated

"I have a lease for a garage where i run a auto repair business, its on the landlords agricultural land in unicorp Adams County. A recent customer decided he didn't want to pay after an engine replacement approx 4,800.00 total amount owed and he refused contact after notified the job was done he filed a lawsuit didn't serve me and he was awarded 12,000.00 default judgment."

After reading some reviews and comments posted by "customer" I decided to look back into my emails. And that's when i found that I mistakenly sent the customers work order to the landlord's attorney with some of the things i filed in court i also had to send to opposing counsel. and in an email 5/22/2018 i sent 5 attachments. 1 of them was the customers work order. I use use it to layout the details of the job, that work order has the customers contact info and the landlords attorney I alege sent it to the landlord, then landlord contacted customer informed him about the eviction and promised to get him his car back. I was holding his car for payment since 4/12/2018 that's when his car wars finished and ready to pickup. But I told him he had to pay in cash only so he couldn't charge back the payment again. he refused contact and charged back 1,500.00 deposit for engine sometime around 03/26/2018 i don't think he had the money to pay for it $3,200. How lucky she tells him there will be an eviction but didn't tell me until May
Ahh. Yours has always been a confusing story. Thanks for the refresher. :)

GideonEffect

More good advice. Yeah that's me and that was my company name until all this started last march-april-may. Im, it's not good and I don't deserve it. I enjoyed a strong internet presence with 5 star reviews and A+ on BBB without paying for their upgrade. But the customer is some kind of computer software engineer. It causes me to have to change my passwords once per month on average. I do not understand the relentless hate and effort that two strangers can conjure up against 1 person without justification, the only explanation is narc, sociopathy, mechnival. in my own words.

quincy

More good advice. Yeah that's me and that was my company name until all this started last march-april-may. Im, it's not good and I don't deserve it. I enjoyed a strong internet presence with 5 star reviews and A+ on BBB without paying for their upgrade. But the customer is some kind of computer software engineer. It causes me to have to change my passwords once per month on average. I do not understand the relentless hate and effort that two strangers can conjure up against 1 person without justification, the only explanation is narc, sociopathy, mechnival. in my own words.
Keep the statute of limitations for defamation in mind. You do not have the luxury of waiting too long to file suit.

A Colorado attorney should be able to guide you through the legal maze.

GideonEffect

I have to beat them in court. I have no other choice. I am not able to brush this one off and let it go. I have lost everything. I will lay down and walk away. Sure i have in the past demonstrated the most appropriate way to handle situations is to be the bigger man. That's what my dad taught us. My mother is a very loving woman has 5 boy's 35 yrs to 46 yrs. Im her favorite sshh. one at a time do to my lack of experience with the court system. for the first month of this i was being railroaded in court and dealing with customers default judgement. sheriff impounded 1 customers custom car that in the assembly stage and another customers motorcycle that i had 90% rebuilt and then needed to start te stressful process of appling for new vin number for both of the latter mentioned vehicles.

2 counts of M1
or hire an attorney thru legal aid. i thought that with a sure win no service self help eviction by landlord i would have no problem to get an attorney to help me and payment would come with a counter claim. but nobody would touch it. it was to complicated.
educate myself then beat these two in court and make them pay

GideonEffect

I have to beat them in court. I have no other choice. I am not able to brush this one off and let it go. I have lost everything. I will lay down and walk away. Sure i have in the past demonstrated the most appropriate way to handle situations is to be the bigger man. That's what my dad taught us. My mother is a very loving woman has 5 boy's 35 yrs to 46 yrs. Im her favorite sshh. one at a time do to my lack of experience with the court system. for the first month of this i was being railroaded in court and dealing with customers default judgement. sheriff impounded 1 customers custom car that in the assembly stage and another customers motorcycle that i had 90% rebuilt and then needed to start te stressful process of appling for new vin number for both of the latter mentioned vehicles.

2 counts of M1
or hire an attorney thru legal aid. i thought that with a sure win no service self help eviction by landlord i would have no problem to get an attorney to help me and payment would come with a counter claim. but nobody would touch it. it was to complicated.
educate myself then beat these two in court and make them pay

^^
i will not lay down lol
^^

GideonEffect

The websites I'm talking about contain the same allegations that he has complained about here. Both the customer AND the landlord have posted negative reviews about OP.
They are pretty cruel. The landlord removed her reviews except for ripoffrepor, the customer is able to hijack other user accounts from past negative (2or3) reviews and revive them with redacted content always more vulgar than original. customer posted up to 6 negative reviews on google and msn that were removed all except for a review he authored in my name , google removed his text inside the review but the 1 star and my name remain today. I request removal 1 time per month on average.

quincy

^^
i will not lay down lol
^^
Haha. I don't think anyone here would advise you to. :)

I just think you have more to handle than is easily handled on your own and, although I know I have tried to help posters to this forum through their defamation cases in the past, that gets difficult and really goes beyond the scope of this forum. Your case deserves the attention that only an attorney in your area can give you.

GideonEffect

I am able to live at my mothers home home for as long as it takes, favorite. lol And wow i had no idea all the. Everything that goes into a simple landlord tenant issue is enough to wear a person out. It really is a lot of work and just wow. its a lot of work.

I want you guys to know that i do say what's on my mind but don't worry about me risking my reputation and my family 's good name, I wont be loosing any faculties that shift my direction to taking retribution into my own hands, no matter what. I will beat them in the courts and I will be happy to accomplish that with or without the help of a professional. Ill be bigger, better man win or loose. The satisfaction of winning a financial award from the landlord can be nothing less that equal to blasting off in a rocketship. For a short trip of course.

quincy

I am able to live at my mothers home home for as long as it takes, favorite. lol And wow i had no idea all the. Everything that goes into a simple landlord tenant issue is enough to wear a person out. It really is a lot of work and just wow. its a lot of work.

I want you guys to know that i do say what's on my mind but don't worry about me risking my reputation and my family 's good name, I wont be loosing any faculties that shift my direction to taking retribution into my own hands, no matter what. I will beat them in the courts and I will be happy to accomplish that with or without the help of a professional. Ill be bigger, better man win or loose. The satisfaction of winning a financial award from the landlord can be nothing less that equal to blasting off in a rocketship. For a short trip of course.
You certainly have the right attitude. That should serve you well.

GideonEffect

Haha. I don't think anyone here would advise you to. :)

I just think you have more to handle than is easily handled on your own and, although I know I have tried to help posters to this forum through their defamation cases in the past, that gets difficult and really goes beyond the scope of this forum. Your case deserves the attention that only an attorney in your area can give you.
I know, the first hearing in the replevin case is this month on the 18th. Over the past 6 months i have found various craigslist ads posted by the landlords son and ive taken screen shots ads selling and trading my mechanic tools, automotive lift, etc items that were not made available for me to retrieve after ther sheriff eviction. Colorado extends the statute if the libel involves a business. So I confident that if i do get any award or financial compensation for the listed items in the replevin case it will be wise to use some to hire the very best defamation lawyer i can get. they are a monster in their own right and very hard to collect on if you do win.
that's my understanding. But would I continue to pursue the matter in the courts on my own? If you think I would then you are damn right I would. I have an obligation to my family and to anybody else that would be subject to this injustice. i'm not saying that these two people are related in any way. I don't believe that they have any history. I might have overlooked something cause sure i suppose there's always that incredible chance that they in fact have practiced this scam and that they are conjoined twins. but i don't think so. both possess a very powerful. Both of them possess a very strong need to flex a part of their brains that removes the scene important sensetivity

quincy

I know, the first hearing in the replevin case is this month on the 18th. Over the past 6 months i have found various craigslist ads posted by the landlords son and ive taken screen shots ads selling and trading my mechanic tools, automotive lift, etc items that were not made available for me to retrieve after ther sheriff eviction. Colorado extends the statute if the libel involves a business. So I confident that if i do get any award or financial compensation for the listed items in the replevin case it will be wise to use some to hire the very best defamation lawyer i can get. they are a monster in their own right and very hard to collect on if you do win.
that's my understanding. But would I continue to pursue the matter in the courts on my own? If you think I would then you are damn right I would. I have an obligation to my family and to anybody else that would be subject to this injustice. i'm not saying that these two people are related in any way. I don't believe that they have any history. I might have overlooked something cause sure i suppose there's always that incredible chance that they in fact have practiced this scam and that they are conjoined twins. but i don't think so. both possess a very powerful. Both of them possess a very strong need to flex a part of their brains that removes the scene important sensetivity
Yes, it is a two year statute of limitations for trade libel. One year for defamation.

GideonEffect

Yes, it is a two year statute of limitations for trade libel. One year for defamation.
I have to go visit my mother, she broke her leg and is recovering at a rehab clinic just down the road. You have been a pleasure to chat with. quincy so thank you and rest assured that your efforts do not fall on deaf ears.

Thank you if you have left a comment and/or shared any advise that helps anybody that takes opportunity to read it. Your contributions and your experienced advise no matter how perceived by those that chose to, will travel forever on a selfless mission to serve any person accepting of its face value. You have made this world a better place, thank you for every honest positive and original share that you contribute, your share is guaranteed unrestricted passage and is now a certified share and permanent testimony to your generosity and cannot be devalued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">