• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early pickup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maried

What is the name of your state?

Texas

Ok so my husband has his kiddos the 1st, 3rd, & 5th weekend of each month, and this yr he will have them for Xmas break and his time starts 6pm on Friday-6pmSunday. But this week they are having early release on the 19th at 1pm, my question is, is it ok to pick them up at that release time from school

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Texas

Ok so my husband has his kiddos the 1st, 3rd, & 5th weekend of each month, and this yr he will have them for Xmas break and his time starts 6pm on Friday-6pmSunday. But this week they are having early release on the 19th at 1pm, my question is, is it ok to pick them up at that release time from school
Why doesn't he ask their mother?
Why doesn't he read his court order?

Maried

Because she tries her very best in every way to not let him and my question is simple, if he gives her proper notice is HE ALLOWED TO PICK THEM UP EARLY ON HIS DAY FOR A DR APPOINTMENT SINCE THEY GET OUT AT 1Pm..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Texas

What times does his xmas break start? Because quite frankly that is part of holiday time and per Texas standard, 6pm on the time school is out until December 28 belongs to the possessory conservator. Meaning MOM. So your hubby doesn't get them until December 28. Per standard. If that is what his order is. Per https://www.custodyxchange.com/texas/visitation-schedule.php

Maried

What times does his xmas break start? Because quite frankly that is part of holiday time and per Texas standard, 6pm on the time school is out until December 28 belongs to the possessive conservator. Meaning MOM. So you hubby doesn't get them until December 28. Per standard. If that is what his order is. Per https://www.custodyxchange.com/texas/visitation-schedule.php
No actually my husband has them on even years, and school is going to be released at 1pm. We wanted to pick them up as soon as they got out for a sr appointment and we live 2hrs away

Maried

If you know the standard position then you would know Christmas break starts the day the child is released from school! That’s why

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No actually my husband has them on even years, and school is going to be released at 1pm. We wanted to pick them up as soon as they got out for a sr appointment and we live 2hrs away
What does his court order state then because I referenced the standard. So state his order without names.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you know the standard position then you would know Christmas break starts the day the child is released from school! That’s why
You are a legal stranger. Don't start getting snippy or rude. That will do you no good.

Maried

Nope!

This is what I posted

Just Blue

Nope!

This is what I posted
Please post word for word (sans names) what the court order states regarding X-mas visitation. Thanks.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No ones getting “snippy or rude”.. and if I was a stranger to it then why can’t you answer the simple question.
You are a legal stranger. Meaning you are NOT involved in the LEGAL situation of his custody order. You may be physically involved but not LEGALLY involved. And the 21 is Friday. You have given NO reason why he should get his children TOMORROW. The actual standard order is that MOM as possessory conservator would have the children from TOMORROW until December 28 and your man doesn't get them until December 28. If it is something different you really need to post the court order without identifying information but word for word. Because the actual visitation order doesn't grant your man that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">