• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Additional Living Expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RegPlus

https://flic.kr/p/2cjjzz4 https://flic.kr/p/2cjjzxk https://flic.kr/p/2cjjzwi
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I gave the adjuster the spreadsheets and then he replied

"Thank you for the spreadsheet! That helps me figure out costs and match it up. I think I have all the receipts but I don’t have anything showing payments for rent or storage. Please send me the receipts for the four rent bills you are claiming. I have the agreement, but I don’t have any receipts, and I didn’t see anything in the bank statements. I also see one invoice for the storage, but I don’t have any paid receipts. If you could please send me the receipts on just the rental and the storage, I can review those for you."

He ignored the Uber cost.

"At this time, you have said you spend $500 a month on food which would be $100 per week, I am able to pay you additional food costs after the date of loss, 8/30/2018, above $100 per week. I show those additional costs to be $549.27. I can get that payment out today"

So I emailed him the receipts of the Rent and storage. So I guess I will get $1,000 for the rent and the storage, Right?

adjusterjack

Please include this on your original thread.
Too late for that.

I'm including links to the previous threads for my own convenience:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/abandoned-house.651116/

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/pay-monthly-premium-for-additional-living-expense.651668/

RegPlus, why are you providing spreadsheets going back to June 2017 when the damage occurred in August 2018?

And why isn't the adjuster balking at paying you expenses from August 2018 to December 2018 when the house could have been remediated within a week or two of the damage?

Were I the adjuster I would have some serious issues about your claim.

quincy

Your real name is shown on your spreadsheets. If you want to remain anonymous, you might want to remove them.

RegPlus

Too late for that.

I'm including links to the previous threads for my own convenience:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/abandoned-house.651116/

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/pay-monthly-premium-for-additional-living-expense.651668/

RegPlus, why are you providing spreadsheets going back to June 2017 when the damage occurred in August 2018?

And why isn't the adjuster balking at paying you expenses from August 2018 to December 2018 when the house could have been remediated within a week or two of the damage?

Were I the adjuster I would have some serious issues about your claim.
Because I don't know what he really needed.

I don't know why. I don't work for Liberty Mutual.

RegPlus

I filed a claim in September. And the investigator wanted to do Examination Under Oath. It took him a month to find a lawyer. The lawyer finally contacted me in October. We set up an appointment in mid-November. The Adjuster and the Investigator took a week off for Thanksgiving. Then in Mid December, they sent out the insurance check. I asked for Additional Living Expenses.

I gave the Adjuster the contractor's name and number. The Adjuster contacted the contractor.

The contractor hasn't email me the contract.

Now my Adjuster and contractor are taking a week off for Christmas.

So maybe the house will be repaired in January. Depend on the weather, I guess.

So it isn't my fault.

RegPlus

I complained to the Insurance company and told them to read all the emails that the Adjusters and Investigator have sent me.

I told them I will sue them.

adjusterjack

I filed a claim in September. And the investigator wanted to do Examination Under Oath. It took him a month to find a lawyer. The lawyer finally contacted me in October. We set up an appointment in mid-November. The Adjuster and the Investigator took a week off for Thanksgiving. Then in Mid December, they sent out the insurance check. I asked for Additional Living Expenses.
I gave the Adjuster the contractor's name and number. The Adjuster contacted the contractor.
The contractor hasn't email me the contract.
Now my Adjuster and contractor are taking a week off for Christmas.
So maybe the house will be repaired in January. Depend on the weather, I guess.
So it isn't my fault.
You're right. Sorry.

I told them I will sue them
Never threaten to sue unless you are willing to hire a lawyer and make good on the threat. Adjusters get threatened with lawsuits all the time. Threats don't mean anything until the company gets served with a summons and complaint.

RegPlus

You're right. Sorry.

Never threaten to sue unless you are willing to hire a lawyer and make good on the threat. Adjusters get threatened with lawsuits all the time. Threats don't mean anything until the company gets served with a summons and complaint.
Well the Defender lawyer, Judge, and Arbitrator will always ask if I have ever filed the complaint to the Liberty Mutual to
see if they can fix the problem first. That's why there are supervisors or someone higher up will take a look at my claim.

I don't want my case to be dismissed.

I think I have a good case. And these insurance people wouldn't want to pay thousands and thousands of dollars on 3+ years on lawsuit. You know if I hire a lawyer, and I don't have to pay anything, they will get paid until after we win.

adjusterjack

And these insurance people wouldn't want to pay thousands and thousands of dollars on 3+ years on lawsuit.
Don't count on that.

I once spent $40,000 of my company's money on legal fees to beat a bogus claim for $80,000. We won and the insured got nothing. Nobody said boo about the $40,000.

Anyway, your claim is being paid. There's a lot you don't understand about the process. I don't see anything happening that you could successfully sue for so don't count on any attorney taking it on a contingency.

RegPlus

Don't count on that.

I once spent $40,000 of my company's money on legal fees to beat a bogus claim for $80,000. We won and the insured got nothing. Nobody said boo about the $40,000.

Anyway, your claim is being paid. There's a lot you don't understand about the process. I don't see anything happening that you could successfully sue for so don't count on any attorney taking it on a contingency.
You said that my house would have been repaired by now. Their lawyer who did the Examination Under Oath didn't find
any reason to persecute me. All he asked me was "why was I paying a high premium on a $4,000 house?".
That just makes me be like... duh. We wasted all of this time doing that unnecessary EUO. I thought that he and the insurance company really got something on me. I thought I was going to JAIL. All the stress they put me under. I should sue them for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">