• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Training Fraud.Not Refunding Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hi
I am Divya. I have paid $100 for an online course with a firm in New Jersey.
They have not started the course on time. After communicating with them many times I decided to withdraw from the training.
I sent an email saying that I want to withdraw from the course and I need my refund back.
They responded to my message that I will receive my money in 5-6 business days.
Its been almost 6 months now. I called them many times for the refund. The first time you call them in a while they will respond and say that refund will be made in next week and that is it they don't pick up your call there after.
I am deeply disappointed with the way they are communicating to their customers.Also I saw many other people writing it over the internet about their fraud.
I just want to fight legally and get justice. Please advice how I can proceed with my first steps to file a complaint against them.

Many Thanks
Divya

quincy

Hi
I am Divya. I have paid $100 for an online course with a firm in New Jersey.
They have not started the course on time. After communicating with them many times I decided to withdraw from the training.
I sent an email saying that I want to withdraw from the course and I need my refund back.
They responded to my message that I will receive my money in 5-6 business days.
Its been almost 6 months now. I called them many times for the refund. The first time you call them in a while they will respond and say that refund will be made in next week and that is it they don't pick up your call there after.
I am deeply disappointed with the way they are communicating to their customers.Also I saw many other people writing it over the internet about their fraud.
I just want to fight legally and get justice. Please advice how I can proceed with my first steps to file a complaint against them.

Many Thanks
Divya
You can file a complaint against the company with your (and their) State Attorney General.

If truly a scam you may never see your money again.

You can file a complaint against the company with your (and their) State Attorney General.

If truly a scam you may never see your money again.

where do i file complaint and what will be the cost. Can you please share the details of url where I can file complaint. I am ok if I do not get my money back. But really want to teach them a lesson.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am in Toronto,Canada.
The firms website address shows up in New Jersey.
You're not getting the $100 back. Take this as a life lesson and move on.

ETA: What kind of "complaint" do you want to file? Do you want to sue them? If so, you'll have to travel to NJ, and that cost is not compensable.

Zigner

Just want to sue the firm and stop these frauds
It's going to cost you many times more than $100 to travel to NJ to sue the firm in small claims court. Also, your allegation of "fraud" is not appropriate. You really ought not use such terms when describing what has occurred.

quincy

Filing a complaint with the AG costs nothing. The complaint will be investigated and the State will take appropriate action.

Zigner

Filing a complaint with the AG costs nothing. The complaint will be investigated and the State will take appropriate action.
A complaint for what? The OP withdrew from the course. We don't even know the terms of the agreement. Perhaps the $100 was non-refundable?

You would have seen all that had you googled them before you sent in your money.
i know.but it didn't come into my notice those times...later i got to know. is it that i just have to say hands up and sit quite now. i just want to try for justice. i am even more disappointed reading these comments in a legal advice blog like this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">