• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandmother trying to lose child from school without permission ga

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksull

I am from Georgia and 3 weeks ago prior to dfacs getting calls about allegations that were false I'm not taking care of my child and drug use they came to my home I went to my child's school and saw him and said they had no concerns I refuse to take a drug test because I felt violated and the rest are being advised me I could not take my son anywhere he had to retire with his grandmother that I hadn't volunteerin staying there with him prior to this until I got moved into my new residence on January 29th 2019. no court order no safety plan I have full custody the grandmother is now trying to draw him from school without my knowledge.I just literally found out 10 minutes ago is this legal and she take him out of school like that without my permission there dfacs is involved because of the phone calls I have not heard from the investigator since the call was made three weeks ago everything was verbal about the restrictions on my visitation nothing court order signed by a judge what can I do here is a copy of the letter I sent to his teacher when I was informed.
hello! I'm SO SORRY to bother you this time of morning but I was just informed of some changing events I DO NOT agree with at all..I plan to be in the office bright and early tomorrow discuss what's going on and why , how.....I'm not angry or coming with any ill intent toward u or your staff by any means, just simply have questions and wouldn't like some answers please.

this was all done by his grandmother without my consent or permission and I'm the custodial parent......here's a briefing on what's happened just 30 mins ago.
disturb you this time of night but I was just informed by cartoons grandmother literally just 30minutes ago, through his assignment that you sent home with with the note that said "we will miss you" and I was confused and immediately asked grandmother , where he was going?! all this was done without my knowledge.I do not want him to leave that school for a lot of reasons and she informed me he is leaving tomorrow. I totally object this!!! I have custody of him, and did not know anything about it !and I am in touch and see miss raford everyday, there's no reason she couldn't tell or ask me, things are being done behind my back. I have no order from a judge or anything stating any of these allegations or restrictions I am voluntarily going through with this until I get moved in my place and there's no sense in changing his school's two different times
.he loves his class, teachers the whole school ,he actually looks forward to it. you know my child and how he is, as he knows you guys ,he has friends there .changing him is not a good idea
. I do not want it done .what do I need to do ?why was I not notified by the school or grandmother
can somebody please help.please!!!
thank you, K

quincy

I am from Georgia and 3 weeks ago prior to dfacs getting calls about allegations that were false I'm not taking care of my child and drug use they came to my home I went to my child's school and saw him and said they had no concerns I refuse to take a drug test because I felt violated and the rest are being advised me I could not take my son anywhere he had to retire with his grandmother that I hadn't volunteerin staying there with him prior to this until I got moved into my new residence on January 29th 2019. no court order no safety plan I have full custody the grandmother is now trying to draw him from school without my knowledge.I just literally found out 10 minutes ago is this legal and she take him out of school like that without my permission there dfacs is involved because of the phone calls I have not heard from the investigator since the call was made three weeks ago everything was verbal about the restrictions on my visitation nothing court order signed by a judge what can I do here is a copy of the letter I sent to his teacher when I was informed.
hello! I'm SO SORRY to bother you this time of morning but I was just informed of some changing events I DO NOT agree with at all..I plan to be in the office bright and early tomorrow discuss what's going on and why , how.....I'm not angry or coming with any ill intent toward u or your staff by any means, just simply have questions and wouldn't like some answers please.

this was all done by his grandmother without my consent or permission and I'm the custodial parent......here's a briefing on what's happened just 30 mins ago.
disturb you this time of night but I was just informed by cartoons grandmother literally just 30minutes ago, through his assignment that you sent home with with the note that said "we will miss you" and I was confused and immediately asked grandmother , where he was going?! all this was done without my knowledge.I do not want him to leave that school for a lot of reasons and she informed me he is leaving tomorrow. I totally object this!!! I have custody of him, and did not know anything about it !and I am in touch and see miss raford everyday, there's no reason she couldn't tell or ask me, things are being done behind my back. I have no order from a judge or anything stating any of these allegations or restrictions I am voluntarily going through with this until I get moved in my place and there's no sense in changing his school's two different times
.he loves his class, teachers the whole school ,he actually looks forward to it. you know my child and how he is, as he knows you guys ,he has friends there .changing him is not a good idea
. I do not want it done .what do I need to do ?why was I not notified by the school or grandmother
can somebody please help.please!!!
thank you, K
Your lack of periods and paragraphs makes it harder to read and understand your post.

If I read your post correctly, you are concerned by the actions of the grandmother in removing your child from school and you are concerned over the involvement of child protective services.

Both are legitimate concerns.

Do you know why the accusations of drug use and failure to take care of your child were leveled against you?

Who was it who contacted you at two in the morning?

K

ksull

the grandmother did.stating she was removing him.
I have custody.we have been staying at her house until we got moved the 29th of this month

she did all this behind my back.

LdiJ

the grandmother did.stating she was removing him.
I have custody.we have been staying at her house until we got moved the 29th of this month

she did all this behind my back.
Hon, I am sorry, but you are doing such a poor job of explaining things that it makes it very difficult to give you any advice. Has CPS given your mother placement of the child? What made her think that she had the right to remove the child from school?

Eekamouse

OP, I suspect the grandmother might have good reason to level accusations of drug use against you, judging from the way your story keep changing.

I used to be fairly fluent in gibberish, but I'm a little rusty now. But I’ll attempt to translate.

About 3 weeks ago the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFACS) investigated the poster for possible drug use and child negligence. The DFACS visited the posters home and the child’s school but found no immediate evidence to support the allegations. The DFACS asked the poster to take a drug test and she declined. The DFACS then advised the poster that the child had to stay with the grandmother (reasons unknown) and that the posters visitation with the child are restricted (reasons unknown).

The poster has not heard from the DFACS regarding their investigation into the matter and all the instructions from the DFACS regarding grandmother and visitation were verbal, there is no court order.

The poster has now received information that the grandmother is taking the child out of school and the child is being relocated to another school.

All of these actions are being performed without the posters knowledge and/or consent.

Hopefully the OP will read my translation and correct any errors and omissions so the professionals can now help her.

Just Blue

@ksull

Your post has been reported for language. The volunteers here tried very hard to assist you despite your illiterate postings. Perhaps you could have someone else type for you so we may better understand what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">