• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not getting my perfect attendance because I'm retiring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vanessa54

I have a perfect attendance for the entire year of 2018. We are to receive a $300 gift card for this accomplishment. I am retiring in the middle of January 2019. They are now saying because I'm retiring, I can not receive my perfect attendance for 2018. Can they do this? I work for a worldwide corporation.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I have a perfect attendance for the entire year of 2018. We are to receive a $300 gift card for this accomplishment. I am retiring in the middle of January 2019. They are now saying because I'm retiring, I can not receive my perfect attendance for 2018. Can they do this? I work for a worldwide corporation.
Some additional information is needed here. In what state did you work? Does the company have a written policy on the award? Are you a member of a union with a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the employer? If yes, does the CBA address awards at all?

I will say this much: unless there is a written policy that clearly says you are not eligible in this circumstance I think it's a pretty petty thing for the company to do even if the company is within its rights to do it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are no laws about perfect attendance or about rewards for it. Yes, they can do this unless there is a legally binding and enforceable contract that expressly addresses this issue and which this violates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">