• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car problems within 2 months costing over $1,000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MaiC

What is the name of your state? Minnesota resident.

Hello,

So recently I have ran into an issue, I recently financed a vehicle the ending of Oct 2018, within 2 months of having the car it started to have problems such as overheating. That same night that was happening and I texted the dealer about the issues all he said was “was there coolant in the car” long story short he is not being helpful so I have to end up paying the tow fee and paying for the car to get out the shop costing me about $1,XXX, when I asked if he will be able to help me pay half or so he goes that it’s normal and stuff but I feel like having a car winthin 2 months and having to make repairs over $1,000 isn’t not worth it and I am just stuck in a bind. I have been reviewing the contact and sadly the car was sold as is, but was wondering if anyone knows more information about lemon law and can help me please.

Thank you,

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Minnesota resident.

Hello,

So recently I have ran into an issue, I recently financed a vehicle the ending of Oct 2018, within 2 months of having the car it started to have problems such as overheating. That same night that was happening and I texted the dealer about the issues all he said was “was there coolant in the car” long story short he is not being helpful so I have to end up paying the tow fee and paying for the car to get out the shop costing me about $1,XXX, when I asked if he will be able to help me pay half or so he goes that it’s normal and stuff but I feel like having a car winthin 2 months and having to make repairs over $1,000 isn’t not worth it and I am just stuck in a bind. I have been reviewing the contact and sadly the car was sold as is, but was wondering if anyone knows more information about lemon law and can help me please.

Thank you,
What year and make is the car? How many miles?

Here is the link to the Minnesota Lemon Law information page: https://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/handbooks/mncarlaws/CH1.asp

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You admit your contract specifies this the deal was "as is". You bought a 9 year old, high mileage vehicle - mechanical issues are to be expected. As quincy said, an inspection prior to purchase may have found some problems, although there is no guarantee.

If you were looking to buy a higher mileage older vehicle you would have been much better off with a Toyota or Honda.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">