• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California: Lease states that I loose security deposit if I break lease.. for any reason.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Torx2

I read the material from the link you posted. The attorney with the blog did NOT say what you thought he said. You quoted a portion of his material out of context.

Please read the terms and conditions of this forum. Commercial messages (and links to attorney websites are commercial messages) are prohibited on this forum.

A link to actual California law has been provided.[/QUOT
Funny that the moderator deleted my posted link to an article written by a lawyer which supported my position. Guess people around here get butthurt easily. Your interpretation of the law may not be right in real life situation.

I represent myself in court as a landlord and have a good track record of winning. I do not know what you do for a living so I will leave it at that. This forum is over moderated for my tastes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Funny that the moderator deleted my posted link written by a lawyer which supported my position. Guess people around here get butthurt easily. Your interpretation of the law may not be right in real life situation.

I represent myself in court as a landlord and have a good track record of winning. I do not know what you do for a living so I will leave it at that. This forum is way over moderated for my tastes.
You're not familiar with CALIFORNIA law. Give it up already.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
<Chuckle> That's exactly what I said in the post which the moderator deleted quoting my source. I guess this forum is opposed to different points of view. Later...
No. This forum is opposed to links to for profit sites, such as an atty blog, which is basically an advertisement for the atty.

It is not a question of "point of view", it is a question of what's the law.

That you have, as a landlord, been including illegal clauses in your leases in NY is your business - but if one of your tenants bring this up in court, a judge can and will point out that that portion of the lease is invalid. While it won't be considered crime of the year, it will certainly color how the judge proceeds, and you will have lost credibility. But good for

That you have, as a NY landlord, advised a CA tenant, specifically a SF Bay area one, based on what you would do, when it's illegal in CA, even after the actual state legal code has been cited, is just plain bad advice.

Last edited:

quincy

Funny that the moderator deleted my posted link written by a lawyer which supported my position. Guess people around here get butthurt easily. Your interpretation of the law may not be right in real life situation.

I represent myself in court as a landlord and have a good track record of winning. I do not know what you do for a living so I will leave it at that. This forum is way over moderated for my tastes.
If you had read (and understood) the terms and conditions of this site, you would not have had any of your posts edited.

If you better understood the law, you would not have tried to pass off copyrighted material as your own (copyright infringement) or taken an attorney's words out of context (the attorney did not "support your position") or posted material inapplicable to the original poster's state.

As a note: I have been a landlord for many years and I have never won a landlord/tenant case in court because I have never had to take a tenant to court. Perhaps you should look at what you are doing as a landlord that leads you to so many court actions?

Torx2

If you had read (and understood) the terms and conditions of this site, you would not have had any of your posts edited.

If you better understood the law, you would not have tried to pass off copyrighted material as your own (copyright infringement) or taken an attorney's words out of context (the attorney did not "support your position") or posted material inapplicable to the original poster's state.

As a note: I have been a landlord for many years and I have never won a landlord/tenant case in court because I have never had to take a tenant to court. Perhaps you should look at what you are doing as a landlord that leads you to so many court actions?

You live in utopia...

This place is way over moderated. Toodles...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">