• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should a Judge recuses himself if he is part of the same cult as the defendant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelSwatTeam

I don't think I can get a fair trial if I am going up against a leader of a cult and the judge is a member of that same cult.

Is there a way I can get assign a different judge or use this as a basis to appeal the decision?

Thanks.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

I don't think I can get a fair trial if I am going up against a leader of a cult and the judge is a member of that same cult.

Is there a way I can get assign a different judge or use this as a basis to appeal the decision?

Thanks.
What is this "cult"? I suspect that you are choosing to use the loaded term cult for a group that may not be anything like a cult. Unless you can be specific, there is no way I can express a view as to whether there might be a basis for recusal. You would also need to tell us the state and whether you are facing trial in federal or state court.

quincy

Thanks.
By "cult" do you mean a religious group? If yes then "no." Recusal for that reason alone would not be appropriate.

I don't think you are currently on trial so your question appears to be a hypothetical question. We tend to avoid addressing hypotheticals on this forum. This is not a discussion forum.

Ask for a trial by jury and remove what you perceive as the judge's impartiality.
As for cult. All religions started as a cult, some went mainstream, then after a while they became, or will become mythology.

quincy

Ask for a trial by jury and remove what you perceive as the judge's impartiality.
As for cult. All religions started as a cult, some went mainstream, then after a while they became, or will become mythology.
HotelSwatTeam is not on trial. The question is a hypothetical question.

HotelSwatTeam

By "cult" do you mean a religious group? If yes then "no." Recusal for that reason alone would not be appropriate.

I don't think you are currently on trial so your question appears to be a hypothetical question. We tend to avoid addressing hypothetical on this forum. This is not a discussion forum.
The Cult is a religious cult. Arn't they all? If you don't think a cult has influence over its members, I should remind you that a cult leader has convinced his members to all drink cyanide mixed with kool-aid and this cult included even a congressman.

I do have a case, an assign judge,etc.. I am getting very bad treatment by the Judge who is part of the same cult as the defendant.
However I'm not sure I should state that case number in fear that the judge will find out and give me even more unfair treatment than I have already received.

They are both part of the same Cult, they refer to other members as being their brothers/sisters whereas I'm an outsider to them.
This cult engages in polygamy, that its members will become Gods and will be giving their own planet to rule over other insane cult ideas.
Leah Remini is exposing many of these cults and their influence over their members.

Should I maybe raise the issue and ask for a change on venue based on the cult affiliation of both the judge and the defendant or would this be more grounds for appeal?

Thanks.

quincy

The Cult is a religious cult. Arn't they all? If you don't think a cult has influence over its members, I should remind you that a cult leader has convinced his members to all drink cyanide mixed with kool-aid and this cult included even a congressman.

I do have a case, an assign judge,etc.. I am getting very bad treatment by the Judge who is part of the same cult as the defendant.
However I'm not sure I should state that case number in fear that the judge will find out and give me even more unfair treatment than I have already received.

They are both part of the same Cult, they refer to other members as being their brothers/sisters whereas I'm an outsider to them.
This cult engages in polygamy, that its members will become Gods and will be giving their own planet to rule over other insane cult believes.

Should I maybe raise the issue and ask for a change on venue based on the cult affiliation of both the judge and the defendant or would this be more grounds for appeal?

Thanks.
A judge and defendant being of the same religion is not grounds for recusal.

I recommend you consult with an attorney in your area.

HotelSwatTeam

Unless the Jury members are also in the Cult. The problem is that cult usually settle in a area and the town is run by the cultist. If you are not in the cult, then you will not get a fair trial.

quincy

Unless the Jury members are also in the Cult. The problem is that cult usually settle in a area and the town is run by the cultist. If you are not in the cult, then you will not get a fair trial.
Review your concerns with an attorney in your area. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">