• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revision of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Allison123

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I now pay $1200.00 in child support. My ex-wife now has a house with her fiance and he makes good money. She still does not work. I barely have any money left over each month to live. Since the situation has changed with her home life, can I get a reduction? How does this work?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I now pay $1200.00 in child support. My ex-wife now has a house with her fiance and he makes good money. She still does not work. I barely have any money left over each month to live. Since the situation has changed with her home life, can I get a reduction? How does this work?
Her fiancé finances are irrelevant to the child support order. He is not responsible for the support of your child. Has your income had a downward turn since your last CS was put in place? It so, and it through no fault of your own, file for a reduction.

Allison123

Her fiancé finances are irrelevant to the child support order. He is not responsible for the support of your child. Has your income had a downward turn since your last CS was put in place? It so, and it through no fault of your own, file for a reduction.
I understand that he is not responsible for the kids but he is providing for her. She will not work. Does she not have an obligation to provide for the children as well? Just does not seem fair.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I understand that he is not responsible for the kids but he is providing for her. She will not work. Does she not have an obligation to provide for the children as well? Just does not seem fair.
Are the children allowed to live inside the house with her and the fiancé, eat at their table and use the facilities? Then she, through her actions, has ensured that the children are provided for. One could even argue that she is providing more for them than YOU are.

Stop being jealous and start using reason.

Has your income changed since the last court order? If so, was it up or down, voluntarily or involuntarily?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">