• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pins petition help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sons school filed a pins petition for truancy just before he turned 16 years old in 2017. June 26th an ajudgement was made that my son was a person in need of supervision for not going to school and being truant. The problem I am having is he was no longer of compulsory age the day the judge made the disposition in court ultimatley placing him on PINS for truancy. Is there anything I can do because this seems wrong in my eyes. Any feedback is greatlyappreciated. .

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My sons school filed a pins petition for truancy just before he turned 16 years old in 2017. June 26th an ajudgement was made that my son was a person in need of supervision for not going to school and being truant. The problem I am having is he was no longer of compulsory age the day he was placed on PINS for truancy. Is there anything I can do because this seems wrong in my eyes. Any feedback is greatlyappreciated. .
What US state?
If he was under 16 when the act occurred, then he can be punished for the act.

The school filed the petition, but before a judgment was made, he was no longer legally obligated to attend school, and the petitioner was no longer a legal entity to him

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why not ask for a hearing to have the PINS supervision rescinded? You should probably speak to a local attorney if you are not comfortable doing this yourself.

I am comfortable in dealing with the issue myself. Not shy in the court room. Just would like more professional feedback like this before going in to make myself look like a fool. He is also legally signed out of school

He recieved his GED when he turned 17 and waiting enrollment into the National Guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">