• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 part support question bills more then i make

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peylite

What is the name of your state?PA

Hello. I will get to the point. I have a premarital property that I refinanced after marriage. Does this count as marital property?

My spouse moved out and left me with all the marital bills, I live in our marital property (I tried to sale it and was told I can't sell it until an agreed value is assigned IF i do then I could be responsible for any gap.) Counting the above house (the house has been on the market, under appraised and comps values by 15%), I cant find a buyer/renter for the past 6 months) Not counting food, electric, water, trash etc my total mortgages and the projected support will be 700-1000 more than I make a month.

What are my options?

adjusterjack

I have a premarital property that I refinanced after marriage. Does this count as marital property?
First you need to understand the difference between marital property and marital interest. If you are the only one on the deed then the house is your sole and separate property.

Marital interest is when a spouse may be entitled to the cash equivalent of half of the equity that has accumulated during the marriage.

(I tried to sale it and was told I can't sell it until an agreed value is assigned IF i do then I could be responsible for any gap.)
"I was told" is the most dangerous phrase in the English language.

I suggest you get "told" by a divorce attorney and review your options.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state?PA

Hello. I will get to the point. I have a premarital property that I refinanced after marriage. Does this count as marital property?

My spouse moved out and left me with all the marital bills, I live in our marital property (I tried to sale it and was told I can't sell it until an agreed value is assigned IF i do then I could be responsible for any gap.) Counting the above house (the house has been on the market, under appraised and comps values by 15%), I cant find a buyer/renter for the past 6 months) Not counting food, electric, water, trash etc my total mortgages and the projected support will be 700-1000 more than I make a month.

What are my options?
If your spouse on the deed or mortgage? Has divorce been filed? If so, when? If not, why not? Do you have counsel?

Peylite

Thank you for your reply. I understand the difference between the two. I know the marital house effect the support but I was curious if the premarital property effects the out come of the support. I dont think it will but im under water in a bad way so im grasping for straws.

I was told that by my lawyer. Unfortunately if I ask my lawyer a question I'm charged $50-$80 each time. I can't afford to pay that for a curiosity question.

My spouse is not on either of the deeds. The first was purchased prior to us meeting and marital house was purchased after marriage.

Divorce has been filed.

I hope I addressed all the questions.

any ideas for me? Not counting food, electric, water, trash etc my total mortgages and the projected support will be 700-1000 more than I make a month.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Try to get both properties ready to sell, and have them sold as part of the divorce action.

It is clear that you can't afford these houses.

Peylite

thank you for your reply.

The house has been on the market for 6 months, its listed under the appraised and comp values by 15%. At this price im out of pocket 20k+ depending on the final sale price.

How does this affect child support or does it?

LdiJ

thank you for your reply.

The house has been on the market for 6 months, its listed under the appraised and comp values by 15%. At this price im out of pocket 20k+ depending on the final sale price.

How does this affect child support or does it?
It will not effect child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">