• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipzip

Since you are in another country why not look into figuring out exactly what is going on?

You can call the county, city, state where you have these old charges and find out if you are still wanted for them. You are most certainly in the best position to negotiate with the prosecutor about resolving this while you are sitting in another country.

Also look up whoever posted your bail. If it was a bail bonds company look into paying them back before you come to the US. They are the ones who will be most interested in getting you back to court.

Legend1

I don't. I don't think it's a good idea letting this guy back into the US. Look at what he did.
You didn’t know what other person did to me? I didn’t do anything wrong and never did anything wrong anywhere. Gun I was carrying for my protection not to harm anyone, in frustration gun went off I’ve no intention to fire. I hope you understand my situation

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You didn’t know what other person did to me? I didn’t do anything wrong and never did anything wrong anywhere. Gun I was carrying for my protection not to harm anyone, in frustration gun went off I’ve no intention to fire. I hope you understand my situation
Look, every state has its own rules on what you can and can't do with a gun.
It is the obligation of a gun owner to know those laws and abide by them.
It is the obligation of a gun owner to be fully educated on gun safety and use.
And you NEVER point a loaded gun in the general direction of someone unless you're committed to using it.

You are a liar misinformed: you did something wrong the moment you picked up a gun "in frustration" to threaten an unarmed man rather than call the police. How long had you had this gun? Was the gun legal? Were you trained in gun safety? How many time have you mishandled a gun - waved around, maybe threatening?

I say this as someone with a close family member who shot someone in the chest last year. Unlike you, he was charged with nothing, zero, nada. Why?
  1. His gun was legally owned.
  2. He had ample training (military).
  3. He acted within his state laws: his particular state (CO) allows a person to use a gun to defend themselves if they are the victim of a home invasion. My relative and his wife called 911 first, while holding the intruder at gunpoint. The intruder became aggressive and physically threatening when he heard police sirens and was shot in self defense.

I am in NY. The laws here are different from CO. (One of many reasons that branch of the family moved to CO.) When another relative was a victim of a home invasion in NY, he resorted to bluffing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I agree with you gun don’t fire itself what about when your are really pissed off from other person behaviour?
You really think it's ok to shoot at someone just because you're mad at them?
I do think you should be appropriately tried for this, but I'm also glad that you're NOT in this country. Stay in whatever country you're in. This country doesn't need (more of) the likes of you!

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I agree with you gun don’t fire itself what about when your are really pissed off from other person behaviour?
You don't point a gun at people just because you are "really pissed off" at their behavior.

You point a gun at someone because you are thinking of shooting them. And legally, outside of war, self defense (and in some cases, the defense of others) is the only reason you should be thinking of shooting someone.

This guy was leaving.

Have you even had any training on gun safety?!

Just Blue

Interesting time for OP to chose to resolve his outstanding criminal charges. Hopefully some of the Parkland family members or perhaps the Miami Nightclub victims will be on the jury.

Legend1

You don't point a gun at people just because you are "really pissed off" at their behavior.

You point a gun at someone because you are thinking of shooting them. And legally, outside of war, self defense (and in some cases, the defense of others) is the only reason you should be thinking of shooting someone.

This guy was leaving.

Have you even had any training on gun safety?!
No training on gun safety.

Legend1

Since you are in another country why not look into figuring out exactly what is going on?

You can call the county, city, state where you have these old charges and find out if you are still wanted for them. You are most certainly in the best position to negotiate with the prosecutor about resolving this while you are sitting in another country.

Also look up whoever posted your bail. If it was a bail bonds company look into paying them back before you come to the US. They are the ones who will be most interested in getting you back to court.
Can't negotiate while I'm outside of country.

Legend1

Look, every state has its own rules on what you can and can't do with a gun.
It is the obligation of a gun owner to know those laws and abide by them.
It is the obligation of a gun owner to be fully educated on gun safety and use.
And you NEVER point a loaded gun in the general direction of someone unless you're committed to using it.

You are a liar misinformed: you did something wrong the moment you picked up a gun "in frustration" to threaten an unarmed man rather than call the police. How long had you had this gun? Was the gun legal? Were you trained in gun safety? How many time have you mishandled a gun - waved around, maybe threatening?

I say this as someone with a close family member who shot someone in the chest last year. Unlike you, he was charged with nothing, zero, nada. Why?
  1. His gun was legally owned.
  2. He had ample training (military).
  3. He acted within his state laws: his particular state (CO) allows a person to use a gun to defend themselves if they are the victim of a home invasion. My relative and his wife called 911 first, while holding the intruder at gunpoint. The intruder became aggressive and physically threatening when he heard police sirens and was shot in self defense.
I am in NY. The laws here are different from CO. (One of many reasons that branch of the family moved to CO.) When another relative was a victim of a home invasion in NY, he resorted to bluffing.
1.Yes I was legally owned from one year after I was robbed twice on gun point in Broward County, Florida.
2. No Training.
Gun was Bretta brand new, never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">