• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

thug like constable officer (texas)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christian03

Hello everyone I recently I had encounter with a very hostile constable officer. A little background information, I’m a young 19 year college student still living with my parents. We live off the city limits in place were the land is privately owned. This encounter happened after i was home alone at around 7pm. I was inside my home bench watching a tv show of mine when I overheard my dogs barking super loudly outside. I then decided to take a look out the window & to my surprise I saw what i believed to a constable officer pointing a bright light onto to my property. This alarmed me great since I honestly had no idea why there was a city officer outside snooping around. I end up deciding to confront this man & the encounter went a little something like this. I asked what or for who he was looking for? he replied asking me what’s my name is & I answered. He then named of the person he was looking for, which just happen to be my father. this catch me off guard i assumed it must of been a traffic ticket of some sort. I immediately then asked to see what I believe was a warrant in his hand & almost immediately he fold the paper in half. This was clear to me, he had no intention in showing me. He went on asking me questions & I continued asking for the paper in his hand. This angered him very much to the point where his replies became full of offensive language & discriminatory remarks he call me (inapproptiate language removed) idiot several time. At this point i was scared shitless, I was more quiet than answering his questions. I couldn’t believe this man was officer, he was acting like a straight thug sent by the city courts . At one point i tried defusing the situation i told him “Ive been nothing but respectful towards you can you please do the same” His answer to my request was “I can do whatever the (inappropriate language removed) i want to (inappropriate language removed) ” At that very moment i noticed this was very bad situation I was with an officer that was clearly power happy in a part of town where no one was around. I felt humiliated,powerless in my own home it was terrible. He literally came insulted me in my home then threat to book me all this why clear gripping his gun to scare me. I feel taken advantage of, I knew that i couldn’t do anything if I would have touched or even threaten him id get a felony , so i stood there like his punching bag till he left. I just like to say no one should ever have to feel like that in there own home. oh and id like say that the officer did in fact have a body cam.

so my question to y’all is can i do any legal actions or file a compliant? I just want this city to know they hired a straight thug and huge liability towards them. People like him really do give officers of the law a bad rep

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
so my question to y’all is can i do any legal actions or file a compliant? I just want this city to know they hired a straight thug and huge liability towards them. People like him really do give officers of the law a bad rep
In what state did this happen? Several states have constables and their authority and how they are regulated varies depending on the state. You have no lawsuit to bring for the officer simply being a jerk and using offensive language. But you may be able to complain to whomever supervises him, if anyone does. When dealing with any officer it is best not to be confrontational and not to press them much to do things like see a warrant. Once they say no, just drop it. Antagonizing cops is a good way to get yourself in trouble. If a cop does something wrong, address that in court later, not by arguing with the cop at the time of the encounter.

Just so you know, if the constable had a warrant he could have entered the home to look for your father and he would not have had to show you the warrant unless your unnamed state requires that. The U.S. constitution only requires the the officer have the warrant, not that the office show it to anyone when the warrant is executed. You don't have to give the officer consent for the search (and you might lack the authority to grant consent anyway) but you can't stand in the officer's way if he/she is going to conduct the search. Again, if the search was not properly authorized, that is something that is addressed in court later.

quincy

Hello everyone I recently I had encounter with a very hostile constable officer. A little background information, I’m a young 19 year college student still living with my parents. We live off the city limits in place were the land is privately owned. This encounter happened after i was home alone at around 7pm. I was inside my home bench watching a tv show of mine when I overheard my dogs barking super loudly outside. I then decided to take a look out the window & to my surprise I saw what i believed to a constable officer pointing a bright light onto to my property. This alarmed me great since I honestly had no idea why there was a city officer outside snooping around. I end up deciding to confront this man & the encounter went a little something like this. I asked what or for who he was looking for? he replied asking me what’s my name is & I answered. He then named of the person he was looking for, which just happen to be my father. this catch me off guard i assumed it must of been a traffic ticket of some sort. I immediately then asked to see what I believe was a warrant in his hand & almost immediately he fold the paper in half. This was clear to me, he had no intention in showing me. He went on asking me questions & I continued asking for the paper in his hand. This angered him very much to the point where his replies became full of offensive language & discriminatory remarks he call me (inapproptiate language removed) idiot several time. At this point i was scared shitless, I was more quiet than answering his questions. I couldn’t believe this man was officer, he was acting like a straight thug sent by the city courts . At one point i tried defusing the situation i told him “Ive been nothing but respectful towards you can you please do the same” His answer to my request was “I can do whatever the (inappropriate language removed) i want to (inappropriate language removed) ” At that very moment i noticed this was very bad situation I was with an officer that was clear power happy in a part of town where no one was around. I felt humiliated,powerless in my own home it was terrible. He literally came insulted me in my home then threat to book me all this why clear gripping his gun to scare me. I feel taken advantage of, I knew that i couldn’t do anything if I would have touched or even threaten him id get a felony , so i stood there like his punching bag till he left. I just like to say no one should ever have to feel like that in there own home. oh and id like say that the officer did in fact have a body cam.

You can report the officer to his department but, in the future, you should never leave the safety of your home to confront anyone.

You should have called the police to report someone snooping around your property and let the police handle the constable.

I agree with you that the officer's actions and words, if as you stated, were unacceptable.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You can report his conduct to his department.
Unfortunately, that's not an option. Constables in Texas are elected positions. There is no department or supervisor to report the constable's conduct. If you don't like the constable's actions, urge every voter you know to vote the constable out of office at the next election.

PayrollHRGuy

It is my understanding that the Constable can appoint deputies like a Sherriff and do so in many if not most counties and like Sheriffs the deputies do most of the leg work.

PayrollHRGuy

Yep.

May appoint deputy constables (with application to commissioners court);

Sec. 86.011

Responsible for official acts of deputies and may require bond and security;

Sec. 86.011

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
It is my understanding that the Constable can appoint deputies like a Sherriff and do so in many if not most counties and like Sheriffs the deputies do most of the leg work.
If it was a deputy constable then the OP may complain to the elected constable. If it was the constable himself, the OP is out of luck.

christian03

I will be filing a complaint. I just wanted to know if it was possible to even prove this event did in fact happened if I choose to contact the media.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">