• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue Foundation co? - failed to test sewer line, would have changed decision to purchase home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xaqhansen

I purchased our home a year ago. As a part of the sale the seller paid for foundation repairs in the Northeast corner. we recently noticed some cracks in the southwest corner of the home. We had the same foundation repair co. come do an evaluation. Turns our that our foundation is lifted by 3 in on that corner and has been that way since we purchased the home. the inspector then said that he could almost guarantee a leak in our sewer line. We had a sewer test done. Sure enough we had a leak. I began to think why didn't this get caught as a part of the original foundation work. Turns our the foundation co. skipped that sewer line test before we closed on the home even though it is legally required as a part of the municipality permit they took out. I have the following documentation. a) plumbing report saying they skipped the test a year ago. b) the pending foundation permit from a year ago because foundation co never sent in the test results. c) sellers disclosure saying their was no sewer damage.

If the sewer test has been done according to current code/regulation we wouldn't have purchased the home and thus been exposed to the MASSIVE bill for fixing our under-slab sewer line.

Do I have a case here? If so what is the best way to go about this?

Just Blue

I purchased our home a year ago. As a part of the sale the seller paid for foundation repairs in the Northeast corner. we recently noticed some cracks in the southwest corner of the home. We had the same foundation repair co. come do an evaluation. Turns our that our foundation is lifted by 3 in on that corner and has been that way since we purchased the home. the inspector then said that he could almost guarantee a leak in our sewer line. We had a sewer test done. Sure enough we had a leak. I began to think why didn't this get caught as a part of the original foundation work. Turns our the foundation co. skipped that sewer line test before we closed on the home even though it is legally required as a part of the municipality permit they took out. I have the following documentation. a) plumbing report saying they skipped the test a year ago. b) the pending foundation permit from a year ago because foundation co never sent in the test results. c) sellers disclosure saying their was no sewer damage.

If the sewer test has been done according to current code/regulation we wouldn't have purchased the home and thus been exposed to the MASSIVE bill for fixing our under-slab sewer line.

Do I have a case here? If so what is the best way to go about this?
What state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">