• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal Refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sean123

I'm a Web Designer in an online company that offers dog DNA test (which will help you identify what breed your dog has) I have a client, he paid me via PayPal. He checked my services and there was no problem with it. After a month he refunded the money he paid for. The sad thing is Paypal deducted the refund without me knowing. It's very unfair because Paypal said that I should talk to the client but the client refused to talk to me and cut his all connections. What will I do to get my money back?

Last edited:

quincy

New Jersey. I have a client, he paid me via PayPal. He checked my services and there was no problem with it. After a month he refunded the money he paid for. The sad thing is Paypal deducted the refund without me knowing. It's very unfair because Paypal said that I should talk to the client but the client refused to talk to me and cut his all connections. What will I do to get my money back?
What services did you provide?

Who refunded what?

Sean123

SEO Services, it's like writing for their websites. My client refunded his payment after a month. This Paypal deducted it without thinking the payment should have not refunded because it was a month already before my client refunded.

quincy

You provided your client with SEO services and your client cancelled the service?

I don't understand what or why your client refunded money - or why a refund is a problem.

Do you, or did you, have a contract with this client?

PayrollHRGuy

I think @Sean123 means his client got a refund.

If that is the case PayPal should be able to explain to you why they issued the refunds and debited you.

quincy

I think @Sean123 means his client got a refund.

If that is the case PayPal should be able to explain to you why they issued the refunds and debited you.
Oh. That would make more sense. :)

Sean123, did you have a contract with the client and, if so, what did it say about termination of services and refunds?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If Paypal is unwillig to reverse the refund, then you will need to sue the client. How much money are we talking about? Where is the client?

quincy

Guys, thank you for all your suggestion. Paypal removed my balance upon requesting the issue. :)
Although I am still not exactly sure what your situation was, if you are happy, we are happy. :)

Thanks for the update.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">