• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of Address within County

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErickaMeade

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have sole custody a 17 year old who will be 18 in a few months. His father has visitation. We are filed in Summit County. I have lived in Wayne county for 10 years. I am about to move to another residence in Wayne County. Do I need to file a change of address with Summit County Family Court?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have sole custody a 17 year old who will be 18 in a few months. His father has visitation. We are filed in Summit County. I have lived in Wayne county for 10 years. I am about to move to another residence in Wayne County. Do I need to file a change of address with Summit County Family Court?
Yes.

Unless OhioGAL says I'm wrong...lol.

I'll ask her, (she is an attorney/GAL in OH, to post. :)

adjusterjack

Do I need to file a change of address with Summit County Family Court?
You should file the change of address even if there might not be a legal requirement. If your ex takes you back to court and you get served at your old address and don't know about it, you could be in a world of hurt.

Use a little common sense. You aren't going to hide your new location from your ex, are you?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If the address changes from the last order then yes. YOU Need to file a change of address notice with the court and serve the other parties.

LdiJ

You should file the change of address even if there might not be a legal requirement. If your ex takes you back to court and you get served at your old address and don't know about it, you could be in a world of hurt.

Use a little common sense. You aren't going to hide your new location from your ex, are you?
The OP might possibly have a good reason for hiding their new location from their ex. If the child is about to turn 18 court would kind of be a moot point.

Just Blue

The OP might possibly have a good reason for hiding their new location from their ex. If the child is about to turn 18 court would kind of be a moot point.
No. It's not a "moot point". OP said nothing of hiding the child. The OP has already been advised by a Family Law Attorney from his/her home state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">