• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should I do in this life changing event

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wesley

Wisconsin
I don't know where to turn for advice on what steps I should take. Sue? But its now about money its about better hearing. Before the surgery everyone involved had a ready and precise answer to every question but now with the failed surgery and all the problems no one has any answers. I'm stuck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Wisconsin
I don't know where to turn for advice on what steps I should take. Sue? But its now about money its about better hearing. Before the surgery everyone involved had a ready and precise answer to every question but now with the failed surgery and all the problems no one has any answers. I'm stuck.
Please post your question here. External links are not allowed.

Edit: Unfortunately, although money won't fix your concern, it may be your only recourse (if any).

quincy

Wisconsin
Wesley, could you please provide more information about the issue you are having with your hearing?

What caused your hearing problem? What was the surgery designed to do? What is the problem that leads you to believe a lawsuit might be a solution?

Thanks.

Wesley

I can only explain my situation if you read what happened, otherwise it is too involved to explain. So if you google [moderator: review cochlear implants/] it will help explain. I am interested in any advice

quincy

I can only explain my situation if you read what happened, otherwise it is too involved to explain. So if you google [moderator: review cochlear implants/] it will help explain. I am interested in any advice
Thanks for returning to the forum, Wesley.

If you want advice specific to your own surgery - and not what has happened to others - please provide us with information here.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If your matter is so complex that the only way you can tell us about it is to point to an external website, then it is too complex for an internet forum - sorry.

quincy

Wesley, your two additional posts with links were reported and are being reviewed by the moderator. Sorry but this forum (generally) does not allow a link of the sort you keep trying to post.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
this link explains all [link removed]
No. The link explains nothing, legally. Your link is to an autobiographical essay/short story.

It's a story about a person going deaf getting surgery for a cochlear implant and having adverse results.

Bad results happen occasionally, even with the best of surgeons. But was it malpractice? I don't know, because even having tried to read the short novel, I found very few facts, but lots of atmospheric phrases.

Apparently you have no idea why the surgery didn't work.

Your have met with another otolaryngologist to assess the possibility of redoing to surgery, and that surgeon asked for the original surgeon's report/your medical records, in order to get some insight to your case.

The original surgeon did not release the material to you.

What you need is for the new otolaryngologist to do a thorough examination of you and your medical history, to determine if the negative outcome you had from the surgery was 1) due to gross negligence (or some other form of medical malpractice) and 2) whether something can be done to improve your condition.

In order to have a successful legal case, you have to be able to present in court, succinctly, the facts.

quincy

Wesley apparently has been trying to get traffic to his website. He posted the link to his blog here several times and started a new thread today with the link. Links to his story are all over the internet.

The story was written in 2017.

That said, I can understand how Wesley might want to warn others about the risks associated with the implants. These risks are best addressed by the doctors patients choose to see.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">