• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I pay association fee to prevent new foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

State Minnesota. I bought on sheriff sale condo. (mortgage). A month later, I saw in county resorts that the owner did not pay the association fee and association start the new process of foreclosure . Question: Can I pay association fee to prevent new foreclosure (State Minnesota)?

LdiJ

State Minnesota. I bought on sheriff sale condo. (mortgage). A month later, I saw in county resorts that the owner did not pay the association fee and association start the new process of foreclosure . Question: Can I pay association fee to prevent new foreclosure (State Minnesota)?
I would assume so but why don't you ask the association?

FlyingRon

Ah, and you showed them the foreclosure sale certificate?
Is there anybody still living in the property?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are YOU living in the property? If not, then why not go to the bank and have the owners get a cashier's check using cash you provide, then YOU hand the check to the association?

FlyingRon

I understand what he meant. If they had moved out, you can greatly shorten the redemption period. At this point, you'll have to be patient and have enough funds ready to bring everything up to date once you get the deed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">