• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slow load

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What is the name of your state? For the last 24 hours or so, each page of this site loads so slowly that the Chrome "Page has become responsive" notice comes up. That's EVERY load. That includes when I've read what's on the monitor and now have to scroll down to the bottom - same thing happens. I get the little "wait: hand and at the bottom I see, "waiting for lg3.media.net"; "waiting for va.justanswer.com" or "waiting for contextualmedia.net". Once in a while it's, "waiting for cache" but that's rare. Just in typing this post, I've so far had to click the Wait button three times.

It is happening only on this site; everywhere else is fine. I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 7 and I'm using Chrome. I've cleaned my cache and my browsing history within the current week; this didn't start till after I had done that. And once again, it's happening on this site only.

Help!

adjusterjack

Not happening here, with IE and Firefox. I don't use Chrome so I wouldn't know if it's Chrome or your laptop.

Does the same thing happen in IE?

At the risk of being obvious did you shut down and restart? That's sometimes helps.

Start Task Manager and check performance. See if there is a memory hog operating.

That it's just this site could mean a problem with the site but not necessarily.

Just throwing out wild guesses here.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Come to discover that it's not happening on my work laptop which is also a Dell, where I am also using Chrome but which is Windows 10 instead of 7.

Yes to shutting down and restarting; no difference. Will see what happens in IE during lunch. I didn't see anything obvious in Task Manager but I could have missed something.

Will take anyone's wild guesses!

PayrollHRGuy

Do you have an ad blocker on either machine? Mine is currently blocking 6 ads on this page.

Where a slow down that affects one computer over another is what ads are being posted and those can vary widely depending on cookies that are in place on the machine. Even with an ad blocker, the ads are looked at and a slow one, loaded at the right time can slow or time out the load.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? For the last 24 hours or so, each page of this site loads so slowly that the Chrome "Page has become responsive" notice comes up. That's EVERY load. That includes when I've read what's on the monitor and now have to scroll down to the bottom - same thing happens. I get the little "wait: hand and at the bottom I see, "waiting for lg3.media.net"; "waiting for va.justanswer.com" or "waiting for contextualmedia.net". Once in a while it's, "waiting for cache" but that's rare. Just in typing this post, I've so far had to click the Wait button three times.

It is happening only on this site; everywhere else is fine. I'm using a Dell laptop with Windows 7 and I'm using Chrome. I've cleaned my cache and my browsing history within the current week; this didn't start till after I had done that. And once again, it's happening on this site only.

Help!
Windows 7 may be the problem. Our tech guy got rid of Windows 7 because its no longer supported and never worked all that well with Chrome.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I started getting the same problem on other sites and did a complete shutdown instead of a restart. That seems to have helped.

I use Firefox but I'm sure Chrome has the same options. Clear out the Chrome cache, it slows everything down when it's full. Put your cursor on the bottom bar of the desktop, right click and open the task manager. Go to processes and see what's running in the background.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Cleared the Chrome cache only a couple days ago. The problem started up after that. But it seems to be resolved now. Thanks, Neil, Jack ,Red, LdiJ, and PHG.

gutmach

I have the exact same problem ("waiting for lg3.media.net") but it was in the Firefox browser on a Windows 10 machine (current versions of both). The ads trying to load were on cnn.com. It eventually loaded, but it took several minutes. I will try the ad blocker and cache-clearing suggestions here.

Just Blue

I have the exact same problem ("waiting for lg3.media.net") but it was in the Firefox browser on a Windows 10 machine (current versions of both). The ads trying to load were on cnn.com. It eventually loaded, but it took several minutes. I will try the ad blocker and cache-clearing suggestions here.
This thread is from last May. Please don't post to old/dead threads.

LdiJ

Come to discover that it's not happening on my work laptop which is also a Dell, where I am also using Chrome but which is Windows 10 instead of 7.

Yes to shutting down and restarting; no difference. Will see what happens in IE during lunch. I didn't see anything obvious in Task Manager but I could have missed something.

Will take anyone's wild guesses!
We have only a couple of computers at work that still use Windows 7 and we have been having problems with those. Odd things here and there. One day one of the computers claimed that Windows would not start, but the next day it did.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I much prefer 7 to 10. But I posted this back in May. I haven't had any issues recently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">