• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon sent wrong item -- twice! -- and won't refund until I return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I think you both are saying (substantially) the same thing. In the end, Amazon will pay the shipping. I am with Quincy in that I don't believe that the OP needs to front the shipping costs and have it refunded. Instead, Amazon will (should) arrange for the shipping at no charge to the OP. The OP may, of course, have to take the merchandise to the shipping point, whether it be a UPS store or something else. Since this matter was not he fault of the OP, it's quite possible that Amazon will arrange for a UPS pickup at no charge.
The contract, the op agreed to, does state op needs to front the shipping costs. Unless the contract does not meet the obligations imposed by law (that are not able to be waived by a contract and many obligations in the law can in fact be waived by contract), I don’t see where there is support for your statement

If amazon acts differently and provides a shipping label appears to be at amazons choice.

justalayman

Yes, of course ;)

But Amazon's policy for domestic (US) returns is a little different and is explained in the link I provided.
A little different, yes.

So the op can obtain a shipping label and as long as this was amazons error, he should be refunded the entire purchase amount. If it wasn’t amazons error, then the cost of shipping will be deducted from the refund.

Of course this is presuming the items were in fact shipped from an amazon fulfillment center. Op did state this in his original post.

and I ordered a laptop from Amazon, an ASUS, fulfilled presumably by Amazon

I scrolled through about 10 listings for asus laptops. The were all either sold and fulfilled by amazon or from an amazon fulfillment center. Obviously op needs to confirm that to know what return policy applies (amazons or the third party seller if applicable)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">