• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling by owner, realtor wants to help with an open house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

In fairness to Helpp1z, this thread was created on Friday. There probably was no agreement "at the getgo."

The agreement that was signed includes (apparently) a "payment at closing" condition, which helps.

quincy

I look forward to hearing if the agent is licensed or not. 2.5% is LOW.
6% is a typical commission (3% to selling agent, 3% to buyer's agent) but the 6% includes all that goes with listing a property.

Here the realtor is just adding a house to the list of houses she can show to her buyers (and possibly sell to one). She (her broker/company) does not have advertising costs.

Helpp1z

Guys, you did help.
You provided a definition of a qualified buyer. And you gave useful tips on how to create my own agreement if needed. I, definitely, will use it in a future.
After reading your responses, I had some texts back and forth with the realtor. I decided to proceed with the signing after she added “paid at the closing” to the agreement. It seems safe. I have no complaints about 2.5% commission been paid for a qualified buyer.
The only funny part that she started with the offering to host an open house for me and ended up with the sprained ankle after I signed the agreement. Sneaky.

quincy

Guys, you did help.
You provided a definition of a qualified buyer. And you gave useful tips on how to create my own agreement if needed. I, definitely, will use it in a future.
After reading your responses, I had some texts back and forth with the realtor. I decided to proceed with the signing after she added “paid at the closing” to the agreement. It seems safe. I have no complaints about 2.5% commission been paid for a qualified buyer.
The only funny part that she started with the offering to host an open house for me and ended up with the sprained ankle after I signed the agreement. Sneaky.
Thanks for the update.

I wish you luck with the sale of your home.

quincy

always find a Real Estate Agent who will be trustworthy and having their license.
I am glad you took the time to register on this forum, Rita. It is important to note, however, that Helpp1z is selling her house on her own, without a real estate agent, which is a choice homeowners can make.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">