• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No notifications when mentioned in a thread

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state? Confusion

I suggested to someone that they tag me for a specific type of question. Someone did, but I received no notification. I checked the option to receive notifications when mentioned in a thread.

Is this disabled?

quincy

I suggested to someone that they tag me for a specific type of question. Someone did, but I received no notification. I checked the option to receive notifications when mentioned in a thread.

Is this disabled?
I am getting notifications. But I also get notifications for threads for no particular reason that I can figure out.

LdiJ

Is this disabled?
I cannot tell. I checked my preferences and they are still checked, but I haven't received any alerts since about 2 this morning and that is a bit unusual for me.

quincy

It says payroll guy mentioned me, and Quincy quoted me.
Okay. But it never notified you of the post in the landlord/tenant section of the forum?

The thread where I mentioned you and tagged you has since been deleted - poster's choice - but you still should have received an alert if your notifications were working properly.

It could be a software glitch then. It is beyond my ability to figure it out, at any rate. :)

Mass_Shyster

Okay. But it never notified you of the post in the landlord/tenant section of the forum?
Yeah - I think it was in that section
The thread where I mentioned you and tagged you has since been deleted - poster's choice - but you still should have received an alert if your notifications were working properly.
The post in this thread where you mentioned me and quoted me only says you quoted me. Not sure what the deleted post it. If it's deleted, it really doesn't matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">