• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No deed - Owner deceased - Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IronTom

Bought a (land only) delinquent property tax lien, the owner was deceased, and the heir did not pay the taxes. Now the heir is in failing health, and there are no court documents to say she is the owner, in fact, there is no filed deed for the property ! Can I file something??? with that county recorder that makes me a known player in this poker game ?

LdiJ

Bought a (land only) delinquent property tax lien, the owner was deceased, and the heir did not pay the taxes. Now the heir is in failing health, and there are no court documents to say she is the owner, in fact, there is no filed deed for the property ! Can I file something??? with that county recorder that makes me a known player in this poker game ?
The fact that you bought a delinquent property tax lien automatically makes you a known player.

adjusterjack

You very likely have to go to court to get title to the property.

You very likely will need a lawyer because you got into a game that you have no clue how to play.

IronTom

I'm kinda old-school; "makes you a known player" Where would I see that documented ?
If the county recorder has no recorded-document, there is no fact.
I would be happy to see a formal lien documented and filed to that property# .

I was once burned by a 'mechanic's lien' on an empty piece of dirt.
Cost many fee$$$ to discover he had filed liens on all adjoining properties, just to 'ensure payments'.

...and to adjusterjack: You should bring a lawyer, when you sit at my poker table !

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
...and to adjusterjack: You should bring a lawyer, when you sit at my poker table !
There's the crux of the matter - you're not at your poker table...you're at someone else's table. At this point, you don't even seem to know who the house is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">