• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ambiguous Custody Agreement Includes Church Clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am curious what denomination requires a 3 year weekly program.
Catholicism is at least 2 years for First Communion. Though CDC usually starts sooner than 10/11. Confirmation is more.

ETA: Of course, t, I think we're talking to ourselves, as neither Mom nor stepdad have been on-site since Mom's post.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I suspect more children are baptized than are confirmed/ celebrate first communion. I am curious what denomination requires a 3 year weekly program.
It does not matter what denomination.

What matters is that apparently the parents have agreed to raise that child in that denomination. Or at least go through the motions.

The only grounds I can see for Mom petitioning for a modification of the visitation plan would be if Dad stops using the extra 2 hours for religious education.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Let's get serious here. If the program was really 52 weeks a year with no skips or misses, there's be more parents than this one complaining about not being able to take vacations. So obviously there are some weeks (probably most or all of the summer and the same weeks as school vacations) when the program is not held. Mom not taking the time to discover the ramifications of what she signed at the she signed it doesn't mean she gets a do-over now.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Let's get serious here. If the program was really 52 weeks a year with no skips or misses, there's be more parents than this one complaining about not being able to take vacations. So obviously there are some weeks (probably most or all of the summer and the same weeks as school vacations) when the program is not held. Mom not taking the time to discover the ramifications of what she signed at the she signed it doesn't mean she gets a do-over now.
Exactly.

Just Blue

Per post 1 the program is 9 months of the year. That leaves 3 months for vacation. I really doubt Mom will win a motion to change visitation based on anything she or stepfather has posted.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Per post 1 the program is 9 months of the year. That leaves 3 months for vacation. I really doubt Mom will win a motion to change visitation based on anything she or stepfather has posted.
It is possible (not, not probable, but possible) that Mom could get some extra summer-time based on the lost time eoS(unday). But I doubt it since it was apparently not negotiated in at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">