• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ali capo

What is the name of your state?
CALIFORNIA
MY SON AND RECENTLY MY ADULT DAUGHTER AND I HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH MY BF AND HIS PARENTS FOR OVER TWO YEARS.HIS FATHER PASSED AWAY RECENTLY AND IMMEDIATELY HIS AUNT AND UNCLE MOVED INTO THE 2ND HOUSE ON PROPERITY.THEY ARE NOW TELLING ME THAT THEY OWN THE PROPERTY AND TOLD ME I DO NOT PAY RENT ,WHICH I NEVER HAVE OR WAS EVER ASKED TOO, AND THAT I HAVE 24 HRS TO LEAVE OR ELSE . AlSO HAVE CHANGED LOCKS ON FRONT DOOR AND BOARDED UP MY SIDE GATE ENTRANCE. WHAT RIGHTS DO MY KIDS AND I HAVE AND WHAT ARE MY BEST OPTIONS FOR DEALING WITH THIS ???

Ali capo

CALIFORNIA
MY SON AND RECENTLY MY ADULT DAUGHTER AND I HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH MY BF AND HIS PARENTS FOR OVER TWO YEARS.HIS FATHER PASSED AWAY RECENTLY AND IMMEDIATELY HIS AUNT AND UNCLE MOVED INTO THE 2ND HOUSE ON PROPERITY.THEY ARE NOW TELLING ME THAT THEY OWN THE PROPERTY AND TOLD ME I DO NOT PAY RENT ,WHICH I NEVER HAVE OR WAS EVER ASKED TOO, AND THAT I HAVE 24 HRS TO LEAVE OR ELSE . AlSO HAVE CHANGED LOCKS ON FRONT DOOR AND BOARDED UP MY SIDE GATE ENTRANCE. WHAT RIGHTS DO MY KIDS AND I HAVE AND WHAT ARE MY BEST OPTIONS FOR DEALING WITH THIS ???

quincy

CALIFORNIA
What does your boyfriend and his mother say about the aunt and uncle asserting rights to the property?

You can't be kicked out of the house on a 24-hour notice.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have the right to a 60-day notice of termination of tenancy. I would suggest that you seek out a new place to live sooner rather than later.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
For the OP, I would like to add that you can contact the police about the illegal lockout.

Ali capo

What does your boyfriend and his mother say about the aunt and uncle asserting rights to the property?

You can't be kicked out of the house on a 24-hour notice.
HE IS AWAY AND WILL NOT BE BACK FOR 2 MONTHS BUT HAS TOLD ME TO PLEASE JUST WAIT FOR HIM TO GET HOME ITS ONLY TWO MONTHS .HIS MOTHER HEALTH IS RAPIDLY DECLINING BUT SHE HAS ALWAYS TOLD ME HOW MUCH SHE APPRECIATES ME BEING HERE AND HAS ASKED ME NOT TO LEAVE HER ON MANY OCCASIONS

quincy

HE IS AWAY AND WILL NOT BE BACK FOR 2 MONTHS BUT HAS TOLD ME TO PLEASE JUST WAIT FOR HIM TO GET HOME ITS ONLY TWO MONTHS .HIS MOTHER HEALTH IS RAPIDLY DECLINING BUT SHE HAS ALWAYS TOLD ME HOW MUCH SHE APPRECIATES ME BEING HERE AND HAS ASKED ME NOT TO LEAVE HER ON MANY OCCASIONS
Why do the aunt and uncle think they have rights to the property if your boyfriend's mom is still alive?

Just Blue

Please, stop posting in all caps. Posting in all caps on the internet is considered "yelling".

Ali capo

Why do the aunt and uncle think they have rights to the property if your boyfriend's mom is still alive?
Apparently they could not wait ITS pretty sad cuz my bf isn’t greedy and planned on sharing it with them anyways .Its not really my business n was never really brought up that much until now by them constantly proclaiming it’s ‘THEIR PROPERTY NOW ‘ followed by some unlawful uneducated remark clearly showing that at maybe they y aren’t meant to be property owners.☹ As I mentioned was not really my business I have my own family’s estate that I will worry bout .NEVER dreamed this would be happening have always been extremely respectful n considerate of all of them n thought we were family too ☹

Eekamouse

Apparently they could not wait ITS pretty sad cuz my bf isn’t greedy and planned on sharing it with them anyways .Its not really my business n was never really brought up that much until now by them constantly proclaiming it’s ‘THEIR PROPERTY NOW ‘ followed by some unlawful uneducated remark clearly showing that at maybe they y aren’t meant to be property owners. As I mentioned was not really my business I have my own family’s estate that I will worry bout .NEVER dreamed this would be happening have always been extremely respectful n considerate of all of them n thought we were family too
You aren't family, though. You're just a girlfriend who has been living for free and contributing nothing toward the cost of running a home. Do you work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">