• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-parenting classes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Megan1980

New Mexico. My son's dad I took a co-parenting class (separate) 5 years ago. We still can't seem to get on the same page and my son is now in therapy because his dad continues to put him in the middle of conflict (verified by the therapist). My son's GAL suggested taking 4 co-parenting classes which we did. However, he wants to continue and I don't. He is manipulative and lies in our classes. I feel like he's emotional and psychologically abuse in these classes. Can the GAL force me to continue?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
New Mexico. My son's dad I took a co-parenting class (separate) 5 years ago. We still can't seem to get on the same page and my son is now in therapy because his dad continues to put him in the middle of conflict (verified by the therapist). My son's GAL suggested taking 4 co-parenting classes which we did. However, he wants to continue and I don't. He is manipulative and lies in our classes. I feel like he's emotional and psychologically abuse in these classes. Can the GAL force me to continue?
No, of course not. However, your failure to participate may affect her reports to the court and, ultimately, the custody arrangements.

Just Blue

How old is your son?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">