• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beaten and Tased by Police but Not Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I was wearing headphones when he initially approached me. I mean coming at me in a threatening manner. I think it would better for my community if the police would release the bodycam footage so everyone can see what happened. Do you have any advice on going about this? Thankfully, I have a bunch of witnesses who will file complaints with me. Will that help get it released?
Have you considered the possibility that your headphones interfered with your ability to hear?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I can totally relate with this poster. I mean...my initial reaction every time a cop utters any words to me is to tell them to F off. Isn't that the way we're supposed to treat law enforcement?

westside

I can totally relate with this poster. I mean...my initial reaction every time a cop utters any words to me is to tell them to F off. Isn't that the way we're supposed to treat law enforcement?
That's two words more than required by law, which are the only words I exchange with law enforcement.

westside

I'm all for a "Hi!", a "Hello!", a "How's it going?". You're first response is "F off". What a moronic way to lead life.
Incorrect. I said that was two more words than I would exchange with officers. In a situation that they initiate, they don't get those words or any others not required by law.

*Your

PayrollHRGuy

Incorrect. I said that was two more words than I would exchange with officers. In a situation that they initiate, they don't get those words or any others not required by law.

*Your
Well spanky, since you live in CO you might want to educate yourself with this law.

16-3-103. Stopping of suspect.

(1) A peace officer may stop any person who he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed, or is about to commit a crime and may require him to give his name and address, identification if available, and an explanation of his actions. A peace officer shall not require any person who is stopped pursuant to this section to produce or divulge such person's social security number. The stopping shall not constitute an arrest.

(2) When a peace officer has stopped a person for questioning pursuant to this section and reasonably suspects that his personal safety requires it, he may conduct a pat-down search of that person for weapons.

westside

Well spanky, since you live in CO you might want to educate yourself with this law.

16-3-103. Stopping of suspect.

(1) A peace officer may stop any person who he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed, or is about to commit a crime and may require him to give his name and address, identification if available, and an explanation of his actions. A peace officer shall not require any person who is stopped pursuant to this section to produce or divulge such person's social security number. The stopping shall not constitute an arrest.

(2) When a peace officer has stopped a person for questioning pursuant to this section and reasonably suspects that his personal safety requires it, he may conduct a pat-down search of that person for weapons.
Where did I say I would not comply with a legal request? I actually said the polar opposite. Not sure how you got me placed in Colorado, but it's a lovely state from my couple of visits there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">