• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malaysia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmidgett64

I am Male US citizen wants to marry my girlfriend from Malaysia. who do i contact for a list of the things I need to do before we get married. She is already working on her K1 visa. I know there are things I need to have as well.
Thanks Tim

Just Blue

I am Male US citizen wants to marry my girlfriend from Malaysia. who do i contact for a list of the things I need to do before we get married. She is already working on her K1 visa. I know there are things I need to have as well.
Thanks Tim
You contact an Immigration Attorney.

PayrollHRGuy

Each county in the US has there requirements for marriage and the requirements are no different than for US citizens.

If you are interested in how this might affect her immigration status you should talk to her immigration lawyer.

FlyingRon

Not specifically different for non-US citizens, but people who are non-citizens may fall into various traps that do exist (and vary by location) to include:

1. Lack of SSN
2. Non-residency in the state you're applying for the marriage license
3. Form of identity/proof of age accepted: specifically, a passport that is not in English may require a certified English translation

You should inquire at whoever issues marriage licenses wherever you intend to get married as to the specific requirements. Some of the things may be easier to have the fiance do prior to coming to the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">