• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant Out Of State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

8327gyuwb

I found out I have a Bench Warrant / FTA in NY for not appearing to court (traffic violation because of a set-up)). I live in Florida now (over 2 years ) and wanted to address it here in FL since I cant afford to go to NY. Can it be done? I understand most don’t extradite for circumstances like this, but What is the statute of limitations for this and is there a process? Do I just turn myself in and can I bail out? How long does NY have to extradite for a minor FTA on a traffic violation?

quincy

You should contact an attorney in New York to have him handle the failure appear warrant. You will need to pay the outstanding fines and court costs (and pay for the attorney) but this all might be possible without your personal appearance in court.

Good luck.

Just Blue

I found out I have a Bench Warrant / FTA in NY for not appearing to court (traffic violation because of a set-up)). I live in Florida now (over 2 years ) and wanted to address it here in FL since I cant afford to go to NY. Can it be done? I understand most don’t extradite for circumstances like this, but What is the statute of limitations for this and is there a process? Do I just turn myself in and can I bail out? How long does NY have to extradite for a minor FTA on a traffic violation?
There is not SOL on the warrant. If you don't address this in NY then every time you get pulled over by the police they will take you in and you will be in jail til NY decides they are not going to pick you up. My advice I to contact a NY attorney to assist you with this matter.

8327gyuwb

Can they mandate appearance?

You should contact an attorney in New York to have him handle the failure appear warrant. You will need to pay the outstanding fines and court costs (and pay for the attorney) but this all might be possible without your personal appearance in court.

Good luck.

quincy

Driving without a license got reduced to failure to obey stop sign . DMV determined this here in FL to me...
You should be able to clear the warrant from Florida without a personal appearance. Contact an attorney in New York to pay the fines and costs.

Good luck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Driving without a license got reduced to failure to obey stop sign . DMV determined this here in FL to me...
That's hardly a reduction. What you're saying does not make sense. Just how did you get this "reduction" if you never appeared in court?

Warrants are not issued for failed traffic court appearances since the New York State Uniform Traffic Ticket does not establish the probable cause necessary. FTA's are handled strictly through license suspensions.

So either you're leaving out some very important information, you have your facts wrong, or something happened that you have no idea about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">