• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

[Michigan] Is my deceased Father's half-sister an Interested Person? (Probate, No Will)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowmere24

One piece of information that might sway the opinion towards my Aunt not being an interested person is that I have a positive paternity test and a court order for my Father to pay child support. This would be concrete proof that I am his son, excluding my aunt from any claims to the estate.

She also told me she isn't interested in contesting the estate in any way. She wants my Father's possessions to go to me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One piece of information that might sway the opinion towards my Aunt not being an interested person is that I have a positive paternity test and a court order for my Father to pay child support. This would be concrete proof that I am his son, excluding my aunt from any claims to the estate.

She also told me she isn't interested in contesting the estate in any way. She wants my Father's possessions to go to me.
Then why is this an issue? Give her whatever notifications may be required for an interested person and she can ignore them.

EDIT: I'm going to step back on that. I will go back to my original statement that I don't believe she would be considered an "interested person", but that you should consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">