• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I bring to Probate Court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kristal09

I'm in IL. I took guardianship of my 2 minor cousins a little over a year ago. Both of their parents are deceased. They received SSA each month, so I also have guardianship of their "estate". I have probate court coming up. What all should I bring? There is a form on my county's website for reporting, it just asks about the child's well being, mental health, school, life, etc. It doesn't go into detail about financial stuff. Do I need to document what I've spent each month in detail?

Thanks!

LdiJ

I'm in IL. I took guardianship of my 2 minor cousins a little over a year ago. Both of their parents are deceased. They received SSA each month, so I also have guardianship of their "estate". I have probate court coming up. What all should I bring? There is a form on my county's website for reporting, it just asks about the child's well being, mental health, school, life, etc. It doesn't go into detail about financial stuff. Do I need to document what I've spent each month in detail?

Thanks!
Do the children's "estate" as you put it, have anything else besides the SS benefits?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">