• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeal for license denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craig.anderson

How do I refute an answer brief argument that was not preserved on appeal? Any argument I present to disprove their assertions are inherently not preserved for appeal.

I am in the middle of an appeal. Already submitted reply brief. However, the answer brief not only concedes to the initial brief's position that W2 employment was not needed for licensure, but presented arguments that were never raised at any hearing by the board. Further, the board moved to have my appendix and references to them stricken and I in turned moved to strike their non-cognizable arguments.
Today I receive an order granting their motion and denying mine... I am inherently silenced now and cannot refute their arguments, even though there is no evidence that they have been preserved their arguments for appeal

This is in Florida

Last edited:

Just Blue

I am in the middle of an appeal. Already submitted reply brief. However, the answer brief not only concedes to the initial brief's position that W2 employment was not needed for licensure, but presented arguments that were never raised at any hearing by the board. Further, the board moved to have my appendix and references to them stricken and I in turned moved to strike their non-cognizable arguments.
Today I receive an order granting their motion and denying mine... I am inherently silenced now and cannot refute their arguments, even though there is no evidence that they have been preserved for appeal
What state?

quincy

Today I receive an order granting their motion and denying mine... I am inherently silenced now and cannot refute their arguments, even though there is no evidence that they have been preserved for appeal

This is in Florida
What is your question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">